Are they really that bad???

by anonymous4 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa/Debator is not even a JW...she is a JW-wannabe...who feels shame over never making it as one...ignored by the org for not progressing..

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    So they are Bible studies there is not one where we do not goto the Bible for reference and guidance.

LOL

My wife admits that your studies are not actually 'Bible' studies, and she's a real Dubby that actually goes to the KH, knocks on doors, and stays away from anything apostate.... unlike we know who.

We do use the Bible as our only reference and guide, the publications direct us to the Bible alone.

How gullible do you think we are???

Look up your Trinity brochure. There is probably one still molding away in your witnessing bag, if you can remember where you left it.

Count up how many quotes it has from non-Biblical sources and post the number here.

It even supports itself by quoting from Arthur Weigall who trashed damned near every doctrine you hold dear and called Christianity the last bastion of the old Pagan gods.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Now i'm getting more confused.

That is what JWs want, anonymous4.

Their trick is to talk lots about a slightly related, or cherry picked, subject of their choice to distract you from the real issue that you were wanting them to confront.

They have a host of ways of changing the subject. If you don't fall for it, they try to attack your motives or character.

Never respond to a JW's 'answer' until you have asked yourself, "Did they really answer the question I asked?"

Watch out for them re-phrasing your question to something they like better.

Their goal is for you to just accept that, because it is so complicated (they make easy stuff seem complicated), you should just nod and accept that you need the Watchtower to do your thinking for you.

Ask one to show you how they arrive at 1919 for their selection and you will see what I mean.

• Neon Bible
    Neon Bible

If it is the "truth" then you should be able to research its history, doctrines and how prove them to be truth and on a solid track record and foundation. It should with stand all criticism, a complete audit should be made before you dedicate your life to a group of men in brooklyn as your mediator to Jesus Christ.

Here are some timeless videos and audio recordings.

Jehovah's Witnesses Exposed

Audio Recordings 1

Audio Recordings 2

Audio Recordings 3

The King James Bible in mp3 audio

“Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using [the Governing Body], we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do.”—The Watchtower, December 1, 1981, p. 27.

"no one comes to the Father except through Me" Jesus Christ (John 14:6)

"YOUR Leader is one, the Christ [Jesus]" Mathew 23:10

"Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium", The Watchtower, September 1, 1989, page 19, "Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant [the Governing Body] and the 'great crowd,'as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil."

Matthew 24:23-28—“Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones."

-NEON BIBLE

• designs
    designs

Neon, thanks for pointing out the problems of BOTH the Watchtower and the writers of the Gospels. The question is do you see the inherent problems in Texts like Matthew 23:10, 24:23; John 14:6 that you quoted.

• anonymous4
    anonymous4

I've decided I am going to do a proper bible study with them and what's more, I think it's a really good idea

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

Oh anonymous4, I will pray for your soul.

I spent 25 yrs in the cult, I have been out for a while now and just recently have I gotten my brain and heart back. I wouldn't wish what you are going to embark onto my worst enemy.

• Ding
    Ding

Anonymous4,

I'm not sure what you mean by a "proper Bible study."

No one ever became a Jehovah's Witness by studying the Bible alone.

They won't be studying the Bible with you; they'll have you study Watchtower publications instead and call it a "Bible study."

If you want to do a proper Bible study with them, insist on studying the actual books of the Bible verse by verse all the way through and don't let them hopscotch from one passage to another to "prove" their doctrines.

Also, see how long it takes before they tell you not to visit "apostate" websites like this.

Only you can decide if you are willing to let a group of men in New York whom you've never met run your life like that.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Anon4

YOU have to decide whatever you feel is good for YOU, and YOU are the only one who can do that.

JDW

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    We do use the Bible as our only reference and guide, the publications direct us to the Bible alone.

You must have gone to a different Kingdom Hall than the those where my ex-elder-in-law and ex-MS-in-laws spoke. On those (admittedly rare) occassions when I accompanied my Ex to a talk given by one of the ex-in-laws, I was dumbstruck by how seldom and superficially they referred to the Bible, and how often and extensively they quoted Watchtower and Awake publications. In academic writing such self-serving citations are considered irrelevant, worthless, and indicative of incompetent scholarship (if not outright intellectual dishonesty). This obliterated what little credibility the Watchtower organization ever had in my estimation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit