Are they really that bad???

by anonymous4 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Have a good study! Just know you can come here with any questions and get plenty of information to sort through! I know the excitement friendship and guidance you get with one-one studies with a mature JW! It just some on here warn of the involvement and what scarifies one makes when becoming a Jehovah's Witness. My sister is a pioneer (studying with others) and she is a good person and I feel will live a wonderful life (even it isn't quite what some expect a wonderful life to be). It's up to you to decide to be independent or dependant. Allot of people make a good life as a JW but some suffer badly by the flaws of man (governing body) lead man to their injury (guiding their conscience).

• inbetween
    inbetween

anonymous4:

go ahead, study with them, use the counsel in the first few paragraĆ¼hs of the first chapter of "Bible teach" book to your advantage, and keep asking question.

Listen to their answers, even come here and post them, get the other side, then, and only after that, make up your mind.

I wished, when i studied with my parents, babtized at 16, I had the freedom and opportunitiy to just to that, I would have never become a witness,

The quest for the truth, if it exists as such, is not an easy one, and by no means completed by hearing only one side of the story.

Remember, witnesses have the answer for almost everything, which at first glance looks impressive, but dont stop there.

eveluate, critical rethink their answers, and you perhaps see most of it is either nonsense, inconsistent, illogical or at best just one interpretation among many...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Anon4 said:

I've decided I am going to do a proper bible study with them and what's more, I think it's a really good idea

My reply: Knock yourself out.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I've decided I am going to do a proper bible study with them and what's more, I think it's a really good idea

Hahahahahah! If that's your definition of a good idea, you deserve to be a JW. Thanks for the laugh. A 'bible study'? Oh that's priceless!

There is no such thing. You study the Watchtower publications and use the Bible to verify what the Watchtower says. In other words, you are maneouvered through the Bible by the Watchtower.

Personally, I'd rather have a root canal than study the Bible with the JWs. It's a shorter pain timespan and is over pretty quick.

If you really want to do some good, start helping the homeless.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Be sure to ask the person you're studying with about the wonderful new light received about what Jesus meant by the word "generation" in Matthew 24:34. It's changed six times in the history of the organization but the most marvelous new understanding was carted out to members this past Spring. Really *think* about what they're saying this verse now means.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome I<3MYGod!

I sent you a PM.

Blessing in Christ,

Stephen

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

Oh and to answer your question - "Are they really that bad???" - YES, yes they are.

• debator
    debator

Hi Hoffnung

You agree with me then just say a false statement?

Anyone knows who has been to our meetings that anything mentioned has to be referenced back to the Bible God's word. These publications do not go from what God himself has written in the Bible either by absolute or bible principle..

When I check what Jehovah's witnesses believe and teach by both word and the literature it is all in line with Bible teachings. The Bereans checked what Paul taught to them against the hebrew scriptures. This is not a sin!

Spacious generalisation that makes a sin out of what isn't a sin, is a very weak argument. Be specific and I know you know there are scripture and verse from the Bible to support it.

If we apply the Berean standard against all claimed Christian faiths. Jehovah's witness teachings in regards to the Bible measure far beyond the others that cannot even get God right!

• debator
    debator

Hi cantleave

If you read the Bible you would know basic everyday administration is our responsibility as a flock and that is what elders roles encompass.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa came back, and said:

Hi Hoffnung

You agree with me then just say a false statement?

Anyone knows who has been to our meetings that anything mentioned has to be referenced back to the Bible God's word. These publications do not go from what God himself has written in the Bible either by absolute or bible principle..

My reply: Anything emntioned at JW meetings is generally referenced to an out-of context versed framed as a proof-text, correct.

Reniaa said:

When I check what Jehovah's witnesses believe and teach by both word and the literature it is all in line with Bible teachings. The Bereans checked what Paul taught to them against the hebrew scriptures. This is not a sin!

My reply: Wrong! Their lit is in line with what the governing body says the Bible means. The GB says that Acts 17:11, regarding the Bereans is ok for one to do before they get baptized, but once baptized that stops.

Reniaa said:

Spacious generalisation that makes a sin out of what isn't a sin, is a very weak argument. Be specific and I know you know there are scripture and verse from the Bible to support it.

If we apply the Berean standard against all claimed Christian faiths. Jehovah's witness teachings in regards to the Bible measure far beyond the others that cannot even get God right!

My reply: JWs are not allowed to apply the Berean standard, and if they did they would see a history of false prophecy and teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit