I love Christmas, too!!!!

by ziddina 109 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

And Deceived posted this, with a lovely picture...

"I have always loved Christmas since I got out of the JW religion.....everything was so drab as a JW child so I guess that why I love the tradition and the pretty trees and lights and brightly wrapped presents. The songs and the uplifted spirts of everyone. We all need a time to look forward to each other to do special things for ourselves and others.

...."

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Here is an absolutely stunning Winter Solstice song.... So hauntingly beautiful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWRN_PCSGSA

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

And Meeting Junkie No More wrote,

"I love it too! I remember Christmas as a child until about the age of 8 when one of my parents converted, so I have fond memories of just how magical and beautiful the season was. My other parent was the atheist 'Grinch' so I grew up with one of each! Anyhow, prep for Christmas took almost six weeks, what with Advent (lighting of 1 candle 4 weeks before Christmas, lighting of 2 candles 3 weeks before, lighting of 3 candles 2 weeks before and all 4 candles the week of), baking up a storm for friends and family, putting up of the tree, our little Advent calendar when we got to open a little window on the calendar every day from December 1 - 25 (with a little chocolate surprise behind each one). We made a lot of our gifts, so we were very busy hiding stuff and working on our creations when other family members weren't around. The excitement and prep was wonderful - we were a lot poorer then, but that didn't stop us making the most of it and enjoying it to the full.

So after, 45+ years, it's those memories that make me love it. Can't say the same for my other half who was literally born-in (never experienced a Christmas ever) - you grinches remind me of what I face every day! HOWEVER, I've already made my fruitcake which is steeping as we speak, getting moister by the day; I still have sheets and sheets of goodies to bake, drinks to mix, and presents to wrap, but this is what gets me through December, the darkest time of year. Those pagan revellers were on to something, I say - if it's dark outside, light everything up and make merry! What could be wrong with that? ..."

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

The Silence wrote,

"I do enjoy family all year, dear. I have dinner at my mom's with my brother, sister in law, and nephew every week. Every week I also run errands with my grandparents since they can't drive any longer. Also, every week this summer I picked up all my nieces and nephews and took them to six flags. And I enjoy and treasure every one of those activities. The difference with Christmas is it's a day where the whole family can get together. None of the kids have extra curricular activities, none of their parents have to work. When I see the family throughout the year, while I do see every one of them regularly, it's seldom that we can get *everyone* together all at once for a good portion of the day and really enjoy each other.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I really was just curious why there was a need to bash others for enjoying things. If it doesn't work for you or anyone else that's perfectly fine with me. But that doesn't mean we have to call other people lame and put them down for finding joy where we don't. It would be okay to just pass the thread by without telling other people how stupid what they find joy in is. *shrug* Doesn't really matter to me, it was just curiosity that got the better of me so I thought I would ask. ..."

• ziddina
    ziddina

Tec wrote,

"TheSilence -

But I think Misery is enjoying his grinchiness ;)

Tammy..."

• ziddina
    ziddina

And The Silence makes an excellent point here, I think...

"It would be rather sad if what was enjoyed was stepping on the joy of others, I think.

Jackie..."

• ziddina
    ziddina

And an excellent point from The Silence here, too...

"And that's fine... but when people are expressing joy why is there a need to pop in and express these words: commercialized, hypocritical, lame excuse? I am not a particular fan of, oh, say NASCAR. So, if there is a thread on NASCAR I don't open it. I don't feel a need to pop in and start criticizing it and stating why I think it is not a great form of entertainment. I'm happy for other people that they enjoy it and there's no need for me to step on that for them.

Jackie..."

• ziddina
    ziddina

Christmas Kittens!!!

xmas kittens

• ziddina
    ziddina

5 seconds after this was taken...

cat xmas

• ziddina
    ziddina

CRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAASSSHHHH