I love Christmas, too!!!!

by ziddina 109 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

And as Sabasteous said,

"

Elaborate on that Sab, I'm not completely understanding where you're coming from.

Christ in our Society is connected with Organized Religion.

I guess I should rephrase:

I am having a hard time separating Organized Religion from Christmas since Christ is so prominently depicted as the leader of many Organized Religions.

Christ has been raped by human society's today. So I feel that Christmas is a reflection of that warped version of Christ.

I know how dramatic this sounds, but it's the way I think, and I except no one else to feel the way I do because I AM such a dramatic person.

I don't think lower of anyone who celebrates the holiday, I just have a hard time with it personally.

-Sab"

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

And as Sab said, again...

"

I look at it as a time to show those you care about how much you love them. Christ was about love. It is also a time to help those less fortunate which is also something Christ taught. You could start with these 2 ideals and work from there.

Great sentiments indeed, but like I said in my other post to misery I don't like the Christ that Christians have designed.

-Sab"

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

And as Butterflyleia85 said,

"Heck yeah!! How awesome I totally know the feeling of experiencing holidays with someone! :) I remember my first time spending Christmas with my husband's family it was alot of fun! I did kinda miss my family though not having the close family get togethers we use to have because that's what it reminded me of. Well sorry about your sister I know exactly how that is considering I have a pioneer sister too who doesn't talk to me but at least she seemed happy bout me being pregnant when I called her... my grandma just blew me off and said I love you dear but we can't talk you know about being a JW, so come back in so I can talk to you. :( Not cool.. she didn't even say congrads! So yeah it's hard I know but over time I feel less and less emotional about it. I'm kinda use to it now and happy for the family I have! :) Oh yes and even more happy I can open up to this whole new experience for me of celebrating holidays freely!!

I already got my In laws gifts and my husband!! I went all out too this year!! lol Hope they like it!"

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

And as Prodigal Son said,

"PAGANS!

Christmas is very much like the Festival of Dedication that Jesus celebrated. This article is very inspiring, even moreso if it's read with the idea that the light (Love) of Christ shines THROUGH US..... go ahead, put yourselves in his sandals!

http://www.abideinchrist.com/christmas/hanukkah.html

14 "YOU are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when situated upon a mountain. 15 People light a lamp and set it, not under the measuring basket, but upon the lampstand, and it shines upon all those in the house. 16 Likewise let YOUR light shine before men, that they may see YOUR fine works and give glory to YOUR Father who is in the heavens.

..."

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

And as Prodigal Son said,

"PAGANS!

Christmas is very much like the Festival of Dedication that Jesus celebrated. This article is very inspiring, even moreso if it's read with the idea that the light (Love) of Christ shines THROUGH US..... go ahead, put yourselves in his sandals!

http://www.abideinchrist.com/christmas/hanukkah.html

14 "YOU are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when situated upon a mountain. 15 People light a lamp and set it, not under the measuring basket, but upon the lampstand, and it shines upon all those in the house. 16 Likewise let YOUR light shine before men, that they may see YOUR fine works and give glory to YOUR Father who is in the heavens.

..."

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

And as Butterflyleolaia85 said,

"Sab and others who doubt, you might find this interesting (as it was passed on to me when I was wierded out by the idea), http://4witness.org/jwquestions/qjw-christmas.php ..."

Zid

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Zid...you are freakin hilarious!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

And as Sab said, again...

"

I just got back from walking through downtown, and there's a huge baby in a manger nativity scene constructed, where people are taking pictures and standing in awe of it all.

I find that kind of scene disgusting (sorry for the strong language, but it's how I feel currently).

When I read about Jesus in the Bible I don't see him in the celebrations of Christmas, almost never.

I see a man working against the grain of society, a man with a vision of love and coexistence. That's not what mainstream Christianity is, mainstream Christianity is: I have been saved and so should you, you poor sinful soul.

When I find out how to honor Jesus in my own way I will celebrate Christmas, in my own way.

-Sab"

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

And as Butterflyleia85 said,

"Personally I still don't celebrate Jesus Christ as part of Christmas but celebrate christmas as part of gift giving and a time to remember family and friends and those who love you... kinda like thanks giving... and then with the idea of yes thank you God for giving me such a wonderful family!! :)

I still celebrate or remember Jesus sacrifies around Easter time... the way I was taught as a JW, Memorial Day. Not so much his birth I guess. But maybe I should start... ;) "

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm jes' a lil' devil...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit