If God truly loved humans...why not reveal himself ? So that they could make an informed decision ?

by smiddy 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• streets76
    streets76

I was kinda thinking about this on the drive to work this morning. A post from yesterday repeated the phrase "life-saving work" that JWs like to throw around as their god-given mandate for the door-to-door work. Ha. Why should you and I have to do god's life-saving work? Couldn't he come up with a better method?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Heaven hit the nail exactly on the head. Love is what's needed to raise consciousness and ascend to a better existence, and it doesn't even mean giving up the physical body. It's a state of mind, the Christ Consciousness, the full knowledge that the Kingdom of Heaven is within you and there is no danger of ever losing access to it permanently.

The idea that we were "lost" and that our salvation depends on whether or not we believe in a historical figure of whose existence, or even the existence of the supposed town he came from, there is not one shred of actual evidence, is patently absurd. It is IMPOSSIBLE to call a God like that "Love". Everyone keeps growing until they return to God, that's the Law of One, whether we like it or not!

~PS

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

smiddy i dont think anyone can answer your well put question, as well meanning and sincere as they are who try to give us an answer. its no use saying the bible says this and the bible says that when as you state in china, inda, and pakistan they have little concept of the bible and christ. and like myself and others who just dont accept the so called truths of the scriptures and so called miracles (stories like robinhood, king arthur fables etc).

for instance today my son had a kick about with two of is pals manpreet and arminda, both sikhs they have as much knowledge of the bible and jesus as my son does of being a sikh. the point is they have no concept of jesus ,jehovah or the bible and they live in england were born here.

so why doesn't god just reveal himself and stop all these silly games, you've got to have faith, the scripture says that scripture says pooh! pooh!

once again no offence its just my opinion on this subject.

• OnTheWayOut
  • The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Those guys make valid points OTWO. In the last 30 seconds they raise some good points about if that God did reveal himself it would change the conversation. Prior to that, he says that he could not respect nor worship the God of the Bible. IF God did reveal himself I would ask him if he is "The" God of the Bible ... the answer would be interesting for sure and I think would bring some clarity to the matter of worship going forward.

Imagine the shock if the answer was "No, I am not "that" god." Would Christians acuse this God that appears before them as being the Devil then ...simply because he is not the "God of the Bible"? Could they, would they set their beliefs aside to worship this God that appears before them?

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

It's also continually amazing (and disappointing to be honest) to me that Atheists/Agnostics are on average better researched on the Bible and consistently present more logical arguments on topics like this.

• donny
    donny

When you read the scriptures you are overwhelmed by the instances where God wants your attention and is so jealous that if you aknowledge another spirit then you could be put to death. But strangely this Being that wants all this worship has done nothing in the past 2000 years to reveal himself (not counting the "God spoke to me personally" folks).

I am agnostic and if I saw, heard some credible evidence of his existence, I would seriously consider it. The Bible says in one place to put him to the test. After I left the JW's, I asked "God" of a simple task. Reveal to me one of these two things. Have someone tell me what my first question (that I remember) I asked about God or tell me a non-sensical word I made up when I was 6 or 7 years old that I still mutter in my mind today. That simple task would definitely get my attention.

Donny

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Are you going to share the nonsensical word with us Donny?

• tyu
    tyu

He reveals Himself constantly. Unfortunately most of us are too busy or loud to hear or notice.

• tyu
    tyu

How much do you want God to do?

He sent His Son, Who did become one like us (excepting the sin part), Who lived and taught those who were willing to listen (and those who did listen continued to teach and then write down what they heard for us), and then suffered a most cruel death and then ratified all that He said and did by rising from the dead. How often would God need to do this to be considered by you to be revealing Himself? How much more do you want?

Talk about love...He loved to the death - to give us life

If we have heard about this, why is it so impossible to think that those in India or wherever will never hear about Him? (Maybe there aren't many Christians in India, but they're there.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit