If God truly loved humans...why not reveal himself ? So that they could make an informed decision ?

by smiddy 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

If only my sins were as easy to fix as a broken window...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Here is food for thought.

I am NOT a fan of Revelation but there is a lesson there that I don't doubt MAY will happen and that is that even after 1000 years under God and Christ, when "satan is let lose" again, people will STILL join up and fight against God and Christ.

Liek I mentioned I am not a fan of Revelation or any apocolyptic literature, but I don't find that too far fetched ( that even after 1000 years of Rule under Christ and God that some would still choose to rebel).

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Ding,

If only my sins were as easy to fix as a broken window...

That's just it, for the God of the Bible they are that easy to fix. He can do whatever he wants with the wave of his hand. If the God of the Bible can create this Earth and stars, in fact complete solar systems, it goes without saying that he could grant you a pardon and cleanse your mind and heart of any guilt.

The_Present_Truth

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

And Ding .... if God had just set the matter straight back in the Garden of Eden, and brought mankind back to perfection - would you (Or I) even have any sins that need forgiving today? Food for thought .......

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

these arguments and objections are going back and forth its very confusing......

IF ONLY GOD WOULD REVEAL HIMSELF ? SO WE COULD MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION ?

pherhaps not.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Here is another "food for thought":

If God, as the omnipotent being that he is, revelaed himself to all, what makes anyone think that they would have "an option" anymore?

Wouldn't the mere act of revelation by an all powerful being be an act of impossing his will on Us?

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

psacramento, you make a valid point as do most of the posters.

but surley an all knowing god,gods or whatever can think of a better and clearer way of making himself known to man,

than having litreally thousands of religions, gods and goobledegook to confuse us all and hold us in contempt and slavery,

please dont anyone say "if you wanted to hide a tree where would you hide it"

"er, durr, in a forest" scratches head

"thats right, because there are thousands of trees, thats why the devil created all these false religions......etc"

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    but surley an all knowing god,gods or whatever can think of a better and clearer way of making himself known to man,
    than having litreally thousands of religions, gods and goobledegook to confuse us all and hold us in contempt and slavery,
    please dont anyone say "if you wanted to hide a tree where would you hide it"
    "er, durr, in a forest" scratches head
    "thats right, because there are thousands of trees, thats why the devil created all these false religions......etc"

You make a valid point except that God didn't make ANY relgion, man did.

God didn't create 1000's of religions, man did.

Could there have been a better way for God to make hisself know without exerting his will on us?

I don't know.

• Heaven
    Heaven

if God had just set the matter straight back in the Garden of Eden, and brought mankind back to perfection

... then we wouldn't be here. The Earth would have filled up long, long ago and God would have had to stop procreation of humans.

• tec
    tec
    Could there have been a better way for God to make hisself know without exerting his will on us?

Whether Adam and Eve were symbolic of many people or literal, they knew God personally. He revealed Himself to them. He did not hide himself from them. Not even from their sons - not even from Cain, who did not 'hear' or 'see' Him because of his jealousy and anger. But humanity left God, moving farther and farther away until we had religions sort of resembling what people once knew - and completely corrupted because of what people had moved away from and forgotten.

Still, God sent prophets, showed miracles, and finally, last revealed Himself through Christ - but many of us still don't see or hear Him. One of the reasons we don't is because our fathers, and their fathers, etc etc... muddied up the waters with misteaching and lack of faith, which they passed down, and which we pass down as well.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit