Start preparing now for 2011 memorial night demonstration ! Sunday, April 17, 2011, after sundown

by koolaid-man 120 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Vampire you must consider that raging inferno started with a little spark!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Vampire you must consider that raging inferno started with a little spark!

Which means - what, exactly?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Thanks but no thanks. I already spent 20 years of my life looking ridiculous as a JW, and I have no desire to continue the practice. While you are out there holding your signs and looking foolish I will be enjoying my freedom. You seem to be "always on" and obsessed. I believe that's unhealthy, and that you might benefit from professional help.

W

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

If you do decide to picket or protest at or near a Kingdom Hall remember the rules that apply to most communities:

If a Kingdom Hall is on a public street, you can picket on the public sidewalk - but you can not block or hinder traffic going in or out. Protest is exercising your freedom of speech. Blocking driveways or roadways is a violation of traffic laws and not protected..

Most newer Kingdom Halls (quick-builds) have parking wrapping around the main building. To get very close to the entrance of the building would involve trespass. If you go onto the parking lot, even though the public is invited, you are trespassing if your intent is to disrupt the meeting or to discourage anyone from attending. To avoid possible arrest, you must stay on clearly public areas. JWs WILL report trespass and also accuse you of disorderly conduct. They can not do this if you stay on the public sidewalk or along the curbs.

Some communities require groups of five or more to get a police "parade permit." This is usually just formality to inform the police that you will be there demonstrating and not creating a nuisance. The permits will sometimes limit the hours that you can demonstrate so as not to disturb the peace and tranquilty of a neighborhood. Many communities will not charge you for the permit.

Some communities limit protests to the "business hours" of a company or church or public gathering. In other words, if you are a union striking a Walmart, then you can protest only during the business/operating hours of that particular store. For a church or community meetings in residential neighborhoods, you would be limited to the hours when meetings were actually being held. So you'd need to wait until an elder showed up and unlocked the doors before you could start and then you'd have to stop when they locked the doors after the meetings.

Laws vary by communities, so if you do intend to follow koolaid-man's suggestion to picket or protest on Memorial night, be sure to check with your local police department first just to make sure that you are aware of the local laws. Your signs can say anything you want and you can pass out flyers that say whatever you want them to say - but you can't trespass, block traffic, or create a public nuisance.

Used to be a reserve deputy sheriff and had to deal with these things all the time.

JV

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

But I "don't have to show you no stinkin' badge..."

JV

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Thanks for checking in Juan. We will have a permit for April 17.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

If you would like to demonstrate on April 17,2011, private mail me and I will send you free signs.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

For all those who have the courage to come out in the open and publicly expose the Watchtower Society I applaud your dicision. Some of you will be in groups others may be alone (one person standing alone speaks volumes) it shows you have commitment and passion. Your engagement in this important undertaking puts the Watchtower Organization on notice that you no longer are under their control. Your dedication to help others see what Jehovah's witnesses are hidding behind will not go unnoticed. If you stop one person from getting entangled with this deceitful,disingenuous cult, than the consequences of your efforts have much value.

Many viewing this post, as you may of read do not agree and show disapproval with protesting. Do not let them discourage you. Whether we are publicly protesting, writing on blogs,setting up websites,starting conference calls or posting on forums, we should all be working together in our own manner exposing the dangers of The Watchtower Organization. Thanks Rick

• designs
    designs

Protests and Demonstrations are only valid if you also march on every Church in your community.

Abolish the Eucharist!......

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Well this year I was going to go help Rick but obviously in light of recent events I will no longer be doing that.

I have been posting flyers around the kh in my area. I am not sure if any active witnesses have read them but I have this week gotten a lot more visitors to my blog. A copy of the flyer can be accessed there; http://thekingstable2011.blogspot.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit