Did Moshe kick @ss in field service today?

by moshe 92 Replies latest members private

• moshe
    moshe
    Did they tell you they enjoyed working with you?

No they did not! Imagine that. I am pretty sure they were glad to get me out of that car! JWs can walk away from a householder who asks questions that make them uncomfortable. To be fair, they let me talk- I would have let them change the subject. They let me control the car conversation for the 15 minutes it took to get back to the KH. The sister did ask me to stop in and see them again.

These JWs did make some fun of worldly people- their beliefs- condescending attitudes toward their holiday fun. They need to think about this- "One man's junk, is another man's treasure!

• moshe
    moshe

List- it does seem strange to normal people that they invited me to join their car group- then again, I was putting my life at risk, too. We did pass over several bridges- Moshe could have mysteriously disappeared this morning, never to be found at the bottom of a swamp.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Sorry moshe I did not mean to hijack your thread but I would have rather been out in service with you any day than some of the JW's who I knew from the hall any day. This one brother would not shower and smelled so horrible that I would have to drive from the hall to the car wash to clean it inside and out.

Plus there have been many times I have been out with ones who just showed up and said they were from across the country. I never had a clue if they were telling the truth they knew how to speak the JW lingo and everyone bought it.

Again I am sorry but when I was ezwhyzee getting so upset at you I was thinking he does not have a clue who is in his hall and the elders will NEVER tell you. Plus I really like both you and ezwhyzee and your posts I hate to see you guys getting upset with each other.

LITS

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

LOL, I can't believe you did that. Wow!!! Moshe, you are a crazy dude LOL!

• Heaven
    Heaven

They get to count their time whether it was productive or not...

Very true. For over 24 years, my Father's time, including all the time he pioneered, was completely unproductive. He's never convinced even1 person to join.

• Ding
    Ding

Heaven said, " For over 24 years, my Father's time, including all the time he pioneered, was completely unproductive. He's never convinced even1 person to join."

Did that bother him at all?

• moshe
    moshe

Now I have to go eat a turkey dinner with all the trimmings-

I will suggest, it's not worth wasting your time going out if FS, just to check out what has changed. Those two hours I will never get back. Fortunately the brothers never found a pigeon to believe their WT malarky. I took a pencil and a piece of paper in order to write down the address of any home I thought needed a RV from me later. Never happened.

The young JWs , I don't worry about, as they know how to use the Internet. The group I was out with are probably beyond help.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

LITS - you are spot on - it's just what was going through my mind.

Moshe - there are a large percentage of JW's who just follow orders and follow the uncomfortable lifestyle. They aren't interested or bright enough to learn the deep things or truly understand their own doctrines. I was one of those and I guess your expedition also confirmed this was common. When I had to answer questions related to my work to the national press - I knew my facts from any angle. Could I have answered any of the questions you posed to that sister? I doubt it. But I could count my time.

Thanks for sharing this with us and the photo. It reminded me of the FS I'd done in the states - so different to the UK.

mmxiv

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

The picture was taken in a public place and JWs are public persons while in the field. So this picture can be posted anywhere without the approval of those in it. That is the law. You are protecting them enough by not disclosing their identity.

I also think Moshe's action is pure scientific and unharmful, since no law was trampled and no-one was hurt. What he did is not only interesting, but also fun.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I can't believe you got away with asking that many questions without getting shut down. In my experience JWs do not allow any questions, just look on facebook at JWC@fe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit