Witnesses Just Tried to Have Me Arrested!!!!

by Reborn2002 55 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Will you all get off Reborn's nuts??? What's it to you what he does?!?! He is just trying to collect some money that is owed to him. As long as he is doing nothing illegal to do so, he can do whatever he pleases! I don't know what your financial situation is but to me $50 is alot of money. I now know better than to use this forum to vent regarding the dubs unless its something that everyone will agree with. Let the man vent!

Eric

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Exactly what was so funny?

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Reborn,

Sometimes the $50 is not worth what you have to go through to get it. Sometimes the principle is worth it. You will have to decide that.

Since the parents do not owe you the money, you could get in legal trouble for stalking or harassment. It would probably cost you more than $50 if you are charged.

A polite phone call once a day might do it. After several weeks, they may tire of hearing your voice and tell their son to pay up. Or they might have you charged.

Or call the son's employer. A man owed my ex $150 and when we went to collect, his answer was "Sue me." Wrong answer. I merely showed up at his work daily, inquired about him and was very polite. I also called daily, asking for him. When his boss told me that I was not welcome there, I told him that when I was paid, I would stop calling or visiting, except for my normal business there (I was also a client.). I was always very polite and cooperative. Finally, his boss sat him down and told him that his personal life was affecting his work life and that he had better separate the two damned quick. He paid up.

You have no legal grounds to go after the parents. They have no obligation to talk to you or their son about this.

It might be wise to eat the cost and chalk it up to experience.

Richard

• breeze
    breeze

Forget the $50.00 bucks, it ain't worth it??

I thought it was you that just moved to Florida or did I get you confused with another poster?

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Why funny Minimus?

I see a man who wishes to have a debt repaid.

As well as the principal of the matter being that the person whom he loaned the money to was a JW at the time and his parents still are, I can see where Reborns point. Since they preach the 10 commandments and preach their self-righteousness to everyone you would think they would be the first to try to help assure that a debt is repaid that was accrued by their son instead of hiding behind lawmen and lame excuses.

But it seems the hypocrisy of the organization abounds in even the smallest things. I do wonder if he was ever repaid (since a year has passed) or forgave the debt, which seems will save him the most stress and trouble.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

I think reborn's whole point is the lack of reasonableness or love in dub mentallity. Everyone is trying to solve the $50 problem.

• minimus
    minimus

Larc's reply says it all....You know, I re-read all those posts again and what I think is funny has nothing to do with the Witness parents.I can't believe how anyone would put this on the 'net. Heck, people were offering him money just so that he could carry on in life. 50 bucks! And the responses to call the pizza man and alarm company is childish. This is not about the JW's doing something horrible. This is just a silly thread. If you want to defend it, go for it. I still think it's funny. (and I think the post on prayers was funny too)...Ooops, can't say that. It could be construed as sacrilege.

Edited by - minimus on 1 January 2003 22:8:31

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Petty,

I was just laughing at the crazy witnesses calling the cops on Reborn. What idiots.

I hope Reborn gets his money back!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Larc's reply?

You bring a thread back from a year ago saying:

This is one of the funniest threads that I've read in a long time! ~~Minimus

IMO you fail to see the audacity of those who claim to be gods righteous people and minimize someone elses problem. I believe he was trying the matter on principal and you fail to see their skewed principals.

I tend to think you brought this thread back to watch the flames that might erupt.

Edited by - cassiline on 1 January 2003 21:43:6

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

That's kinda what I figured too Cassi - my sentiments exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit