Witnesses Just Tried to Have Me Arrested!!!!

by Reborn2002 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

I am *not* the only poster on this forum who see this editing and adding of paragraphs long after replies to an original premise to be unethical. There are quite a few more who have spoken on the subject. Why should I have to go look for your response written in a post 45 minutes beforehand, changing the basic premise of your original reply? Why would I need to read the thread from my last reply to you? Why not start as I assume *most* normally do, with the posts that have not been read? Why make those who have responded to your original post seem to be speaking way off base because *you* decide to revise history?

Of course there are unethical ex-jws, you are far off the mark IMO. When some profess to be "the only true man of god" and always acts in accordance with gods laws and refuses to take care of such a minimal matter in seeing that their son gets a simple message. I see a problem with skewed logic. Especially if its evident one is trying to recover whats owed to them? I myself most likely would not have gone to the trouble.

Guess the above was *not* my last reply to this thread. Hubby's turn to read the forum.

Cassi, of the feeding flames class.Apologizies to all.

• thewiz
    thewiz

my bro. DA'ed himself years ago, because of ALL tthe BS he kept getting. he reinstated himself eventually but anyway i digress.

a bro. in the cong owed him @$200 well this bro sent/gave him two checks. both of which bounced twice (a total of 4 times, the bank tried twice, BTW it's against the law to knowingly write a bad check).

so my bro. contacts that PO of the bro's cong. and my bro is trying to exaplain the situation. the PO interrupts him adnd says, "your DA, aren't you?" my bro says, "yeh, but what's that got to do with anything?" of which the PO promptly hung up.

later this jip-the-people bro. is talkin' to an elder in my hall (at the time). and tells the elder there "so-and-so (my brother) tried cashings checks i gave him and thet bounced. it cost me @$66 so shouldn't i be able [justified] from taking it out of the $200 i owe former bro DA?" the IDIOT elder says, "yes."

so the bro. tries to convince my bro he now owes him ONLY $134. eventually i think my bro finally got ALL his money back. but what a bunch of idiots.

my dad has lost literally thousands to the bros lending money out. bros who NEVER come back and say. "thanks. here's the money back."

say good-bye to the $50. but invest another $50 in a punching bag with this hobo-witnesses face emblazoned on it.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

IMO you fail to see the audacity of those who claim to be gods righteous people and minimize someone elses problem. I believe he was trying the matter on principal and you fail to see their skewed principals.

Your intuition serves you well.

The very reason I was so incensed was a matter of principal. This is another demonstration of the hypocritical stance of individuals who claim to be the sole channel of truth and righteousness on earth, yet they behave so childishly and abusively towards others even when they are legally entitled to monetary repayment.

It is another glaring example that in the eyes of a JW, a non-believer or former member is treated as though somehow less than human, and not worthy of humane treatment or common decency.

If someone treated them this way, they would cry to the high heavens claiming persecution. They would also use it as an example to preach to their rank & file members that worldly people are unethical and rude. Imagine it, a Witness person goes to to get repayment of funds owed, and instead is harassed by the police, treated unfairly, and given the run-around.

Regarding Minimus, I find it no surprise he finds such a matter humorous. He is an immature newbie ex-JW who spams the board with polls almost daily, and knows I do not care for him, so he chooses to rehash an almost year-old thread in order to nitpick, cause trouble, and poke fun at my unfortunate experience. (being accused by police of attempting to break into a house is quite demeaning when you have done nothing wrong)

For the rest of you, no I never received repayment. After that incident I did not pursue the matter further. It is a matter of principle, and I will be a better person than they were to me. Nevertheless, for some of you $50 may be chump change, but for me it could pay a monthly phone or tuition bill.

I have instead forgiven the debt and realized that I feel pity for all of them in that they are so pathetic.

Hope this clears things up for those wondering about a year-old incident.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 2 January 2003 7:16:14

• setfreefinally
  • dedalus
    dedalus

It is another glaring example that in the eyes of a JW, a non-believer or former member is treated as though somehow less than human, and not worthy of humane treatment or common decency.

A jerk is a jerk is a jerk. Some jerks are religious and some jerks aren't; being a Witness doesn't always enter into it, but some jerks wish it did. Some jerks antagonize a situation with a facade of self-righteousness and then act surprised when it blows up in their faces. When that happens, of course, they bemoan their own woeful victimization.

being accused by police of attempting to break into a house is quite demeaning when you have done nothing wrong)

No, Reborn didn't do anything wrong -- he just decided to lurk in someone's driveway (twice) writing letters because ... because ... why, exactly?

Dedalus

• minimus
    minimus

dedalus..... Don't waste your typing skills. You are probably on ignore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit