Blog Update

by brotherdan 171 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    I feel bad for BD. I think we should be nicer to him, he is acting under duress and i dont hold him accountable for the somewhat judgemental tone.

I dunno. It's easy to be pretentious when things are going great. To me a person's true character comes out when under duress.

Kinda feel like Dan took a big Cleveland Steamer on much of the forum after we tried to lend emotional support. I don't have patience for folks who do that. If he came back and said, "Hey, sorry I for being douchey," that'd be one thing. So far all I've seen is more BS though.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Kinda feel like Dan took a big Cleveland Steamer

I dunno, it felt more like an Alabama Hot Pocket to me.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Regarding Brother Dan's behavior...

I think OUTLAW hit the nail on the head when he called Bro Dan a "drama Queen"...

I've been pondering Bro Dan's personal crises, myself, and had come to the conclusion - privately - that he was a bit of an "attention whore"... Naaaaah, too harsh... How about, "Attention Slut"???

WAAAAAY too much drama in his life - knocks a person off-balance, and then they start seeking extreme solutions...

Hope he makes it past this phase...

Zid

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    So far all I've seen is more BS though.

"In the beginning there was BS"

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Sab what do you call support?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I feel bad for BD. I think we should be nicer to him, he is acting under duress and i dont hold him accountable for the somewhat judgemental tone.

Dan needs a wake up call.

If he has been behaving the same way with his family he will be driving them away.

It's best he makes his mistakes on an internet forum than with his family, but I fear it may be too late.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think everyone deals with the trauma of escaping the Borg differently, and I can't imagine doing it alone with my wife's vocal and active opposition. I don't dispute that Dan's been judgmental both on this board and in his blog (in fact, I was the first one in this thread to call him on it, IIRC), but at the same time we need to cut the guy some slack. He is truly alone and the only person he feels he has to cling to is Jesus Christ.

We're mere virtual friends here. I don't think he's met any ex-JWs in real life. There is only so much encouragement we can give, especially when he filters out most of it as heathen, pagan, or some other brand of evil.

We love ya, BroDan, but if you want us to cut you some slack you gotta cut us some slack, too. Your role model Jesus Christ cut everyone slack. He even had a follower or two from among the Sanhedron, didn't he?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab what do you call support?

Almost the entire thread. It started out a little derogatory, but has really turned into a cool support thread.

Some tough love here though which I think will be helpful.

-Sab

• garyneal
    garyneal
    If he has been behaving the same way with his family he will be driving them away.
    It's best he makes his mistakes on an internet forum than with his family, but I fear it may be too late.

That's my concern too. I can appreciate Dan defending his faith as I appreciate people like PJSChipper defending his a year ago when he was trying to witness to all of us. I'm just concerned that he's been like this towards his wife too. If he is, all he is doing is confirming in his wife's mind that he is now an 'evil wicked apostate' and her persecution complex is being well fed.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

When a person leaves the organisation, they can go from one extreme to another.

Some do it with sex, drugs, alcohol, partying... and some do it with religion.

Dan's religious pendulem will probably swing back in time. Do not be surprised if at some point in the future, he decides to be an agnostic or atheist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit