whereami

Spot on pirata!!!

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Joshinaz

you are 100% right!

• tec
    tec

Well, I have to say that I completely agree with NVL.

That Timothy scripture is talking about believers with a form of godliness but denying its power... not atheists. Atheists do not have a form of godliness.

Also, what PSac is saying - about Christ being the ideal that we should be striving for. The problem, I think, is that many Christians strive to be what a preacher or pastor or another Christian tells them to be. So in essence, we often copy one another, instead of looking toward the ONE who shows us the way.

Tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    PS. Your post is eviler than my post.

No way, that was ur 666th post! How could mine be more evil?

-Sab

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Dan, I wish you all the best and everything I wanted to say, seems to have been said by others in the thread.

Take care and know you are loved here by atheist, agnostic, pantheist, panentheist, theist, and deist alike.

John 7:24 - Learn it, Love it, Live it Brother! It's a direct command from Christ.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And for what it's worth, I think you completely misunderstand the point of the Bible.

Because we all know the Bible has EIGHT points, each corner of the front and back!

-Sab

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OH Brother Dan, cows are not sacred on JWN so we can eat hamburger here.
    "Jehovah" of the Watchtower is not sacred here. As a matter of fact, this is not a temple and nothing is "sacred" here.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Ain't no way in the world I'll join anything that restricts me from beef

and yes a pun intended

• pirata
    pirata
    No way, that was ur 666th post! How could mine be more evil?

Sab, Arg! I can't beleive I missed the 666. Quick, I better post 111 more times to undo it with a 777!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I have to admit that I am a little disappointed in the Christians here. Yes, Christ taught love, understanding, and having a non-judgemental attitude. HOWEVER! It seems that everyone forgets that he did teach things that were not popular. He taught things that did not apease people of his day.

I have been accused of talking about hell or judgement on the forum and trying to "scare" people into believing in Jesus. Did Jesus teach any consequences for ANYTHING?!? Yes.

Matthew 8:11,12 says, " I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, 12 while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Consequences? What consequences?

Mark 9:42-48: “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin,it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea. 43 And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, 48 ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

My point is this: There are people who like to dance around the issues and say "Christ taught love and not judgement" and are willing to make exceptions on what God Himself said. I am not one of those. I've told you guys from the beginning that I am not afraid to go where truth leads.

I would love nothing more than if God said, "It doesn't matter what you believe. Just be a good person. That is enough." But does He say that? No. If you can point me to where He says that, then I will believe it. But I have not seen anything like this. I understand the Atheists that don't understand this. What disappoints me is the so-called Christians that do not understand that Jesus is the ONLY way to life. He is the only truth.

So please don't feel sorry for me. I haven't judged anyone. I repeated scripture. The difference between what I believed as a JW and what I believe now is that I follow Jesus Christ now, not a group of humans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit