Blog Update

by brotherdan 171 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Psac.... major props to you. If anything you are a good example of what being Christ like should be.

You're making me blush..

PSac is. He offered to go to a strip clup with me. Jesus loved the boobs.

Not to argue, but he is more of an ass man ;)

• Curtains
    Curtains

brotherdan thanks for sharing your blog. I agree with way you've applied these verses. I think Paul probably did have atheism in mind especially because of what he says at verse 2. Paul did not mince his words and there were many atheists around at the time.

Along with false prophets (like Jehovah's Witnesses) the Bible fortells people that would be happy in their godlessness. 2Tim 3 says that men would be lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

• tec
    tec

I think PSac already said what I wanted to say concerning judging. Yes, there are consequences written in the bible. Yes, I think Christ is the ONLY way to the Father. But just as two thousand years ago, I think there must be those people who have the law of love and mercy and forgiveness written on their hearts - so that they are a law unto themselves.

Jesus also asked his father to forgive all those who had handed him over to be crucified, and also those who did the crucifying. Because they did not know what they were doing.

That is love. That is what we should strive to follow. Not judging. We're not qualified to do anything other than examine ourselves.

Tammy

(hugs back to NVL)

• Curtains
    Curtains

yes tec but part of growing up and growing away from Jehovahs witnesses means that we have to be strong in judging otherwise how is one to discriminate about what one wants and what one doesn't want.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Paul did not mince his words and there were many atheists around at the time.

I bet atheism had a death penalty attached to it back then. Do you have any evidence of these "many atheists" in the 1st century?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    yes tec bu tpart of growing up and growing away from Jehovahs witnesses means that we have to be strong in judging otherwise how is one to discriminate about what one wants and what one doesn't want.

Curtains, you are confusing judging with evaluation.

-Sab

• Curtains
    Curtains

sabastious atheism is not a modern invention. Along with belief in God there has always also been unbelief. The two go together - you can't have one without the other.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Gay.....;)

I am rubber and you are glue, whatever you bounces off me and sticks to you.

Not to argue, but he is more of an ass man ;)

That's Jaheshua Mischajah, i though.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    sabastious atheism is not a modern invention. Along with belief in God there has always also been unbelief. The two go together - you can't have one without the other.

I didn't say atheists didn't exist back then. But I would make the hypothesis that there were much fewer back then.

Again, do you have any evidence for your assertion of "many atheists" back then?

-Sab

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I think Brother Dan is going back to the JWs : From Feb 2010 Watchtower.

“Initially, I was attracted to the so-called truths that the apostates spoke of. The more I examined what they said, the more I came to think that I was justified in leaving Jehovah’s organization. But later, as I did some research on the apostates’ arguments against Jehovah, I became aware of how crafty the false teachers were. Information taken out of context was their ‘strong evidence’ against us. Thus, I decided to start reading our the bible again and to attend the meetings. Soon I realized how much I had missed.”

Happily, Dan-re turned to the congregation.

SAB: You see dude?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit