Blog Update

by brotherdan 171 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    b) Atheists are evil and going to hell (whatever your definition)... this is a judgment, and one that no one is qualified to make except Christ or His Father. Who is to say that they will not show mercy?

Even if the Bible said this verbatim it would still be inappropriate (from a Christian perspective) to use it to judge Atheists. The Bible's words are there for all eyes to see, anyone can get a copy of the Bible and read it.

It's not our place to use it as a tool of judgement (according to Christ's words).

-Sab

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Bohm, are you controlled by your emotions? :-) He will survive. He just likes the drama.... Look 8 pages already hahaha

If he was single and not christian he would be getting lots of ......attention.

• Curtains
    Curtains

brotherdan is doing his very best for the sake of his children and if he is moving away from soft qualites towards stronger qualities, all still christ like - kudos to him.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In early ancient Greek, the adjective atheos ( ?θεος , from the privative ?- + θε?ς "god") meant "godless". It was first used as a term of censure roughly meaning "ungodly" or "impious". In the 5th century BCE, the word began to indicate more-intentional, active godlessness in the sense of "severing relations with the gods" or "denying the gods", instead of the earlier meaning of "impious". The term ?σεβ?ς (asebes) then came to be applied against those who impiously denied or disrespected the local gods, even if they believed in other gods. Modern translations of classical texts sometimes render atheos as "atheistic". As an abstract noun, there was also ?θε?της (atheotes), "atheism". Cicero transliterated the Greek word into the Latinatheos. The term found frequent use in the debate between early Christians and Hellenists, with each side attributing it, in the pejorative sense, to the other. [ 18 ]

• sabastious
    sabastious
    hang in there dude!

I think Dan needs friends to be compassionate but stern right now.

I agree, hang in there friend.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    He will survive. He just likes the drama

I call this support not drama.

-Sab

• Curtains
    Curtains

nice one psac

• sabastious
    sabastious

Anyway, I gots to get to work!

Slight detour this morning lol.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

Well, when I said that atheists were godless - I meant that in the literal, no god, sense. Not in an immoral sense. (just in case someone took my statement in the wrong way)

I also agree that Dan is going through an extremely tough period. He needs support, yes, absolutely, and I hope he finds peace in Christ, in himself, and in his family.

But judging others is not what Christ taught. (especially not a sweeping generalization judgment) I hope that Dan does not forget that mercy and love are the most important matters of the law.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Curtains, any responses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit