Blog Update

by brotherdan 171 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Christians were regarded as "atheists" by the Romans and persecuted as such at times.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    SAB: You see dude?

CJ, this is but a snapshot of Brodan's life, and it just so happens to be in the midst of a life-crisis.

At this point, I refuse to translate any of what he has said here to his personal character.

-Sab

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I think Paul probably did have atheism in mind especially because of what he says at verse 2. Paul did not mince his words and there were many atheists around at the time.

Notice the disparity? You talk about how paul didn't mince words and then you proceed to mince them to add your meaning on.

yes tec but part of growing up and growing away from Jehovahs witnesses means that we have to be strong in judging otherwise how is one to discriminate about what one wants and what one doesn't want.

You could try having an open mind and learning something before you start judging in ignorance.

sabastious atheism is not a modern invention. Along with belief in God there has always also been unbelief. The two go together - you can't have one without the other.

Please cite some evidence or documention to that effect as Sab requested. Should be easy enough if true.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

BrotherDan thinks he is JESUS and that JWN is the temple and that we are trying to sell "Atheism"

Don't get happy, he is not back at JWN his second coming is invisible.

• Curtains
    Curtains

I submit Pauls words above at timothy as evidence for starters

• ziddina
    ziddina

DaY - YAMMMM!!!

GREAT responses to Bro Dan's posts!!!

And after reading these responses - and not getting my "Subway" card, either - I don't give two hoots about whether Bro Dan likes me anymore or not...

Guess he decided "heathen" atheists don't deserve to have promises that were made to them, kept...

Shows what kind of "Christian" HE really is...

Zid

• Curtains
    Curtains

ad hominem fallacy notverylikely

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Again, do you have any evidence for your assertion of "many atheists" back then?

We all start life with a lack of belief in any deities. Does that count?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    We all start life with a lack of belief in any deities. Does that count?

No, but you still get a gold star for effort.

-Sab

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I submit Pauls words above at timothy as evidence for starters

That won't work. Paul is talking about those with a form of godliness. By definition, that can't be atheists. Adding your own interpretation and words that aren't there is not evidence.

ad hominem fallacy notverylikely

No it isn't. An ad hominem attack would be an attempt to discredit your position by attacking you asa person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit