Thanks and Goodbye

by brotherdan 89 Replies latest jw friends

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

I just read a few of the threads, and wow Br Dan needs a week in Mexico with a Margaritta. I found for me I had to let go of all my beliefs. Just strip myself blank.....I went to the place where there is no God. I learned to be okay there. But now I am feeling pulled to start to learn and ask and read. I might feel comfortable one day being a christian. Right now I am just okay figuring it out. Letting go is the first step to finding out who you are. But being stripped naked of all your beliefs (esp as a former JW) is the most painful and humbling experience ever.....maybe Br Dan wasnt quite ready for that yet?

I hope one day he gets that this was maybe the first time, people valued him enough to question him.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

brotherdan

All the best for the future.

I agree pretty much with what you say - JWN is not what it used to be. I usually just take a break from visiting the site every so often.

Rather than a place to help JWs/ExJWs it has become a place to tear down each others beliefs - not to mention a PR site for people like Richard Dawkins and the atheistic community.

Anyway - God bless you in your journey ahead.

The Scotsman

• zoiks
    zoiks

All the best to you, Dan.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

brotherdan: How are you? We haven't forgotten about you.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I hope that brotherdan is doing ok, as well.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I just thought I would bring this back up to the top (without comment) in light of the other thread on the subject.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I don't always agree with some of the opinions and love it when I do or some-one agrees with me but the thing I love most is that here we are allowed to have different opinions and thoughts and ideas without being judged or excommunicated!!!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well said and right to the very heart of why most of us are here.

I don't always agree with some of the opinions and love it when I do or some-one agrees with me but the thing I love most is that here we are allowed to have different opinions and thoughts and ideas without being judged or excommunicated!!!
  • straightshooter
    straightshooter

Hope the best for you Dan. I have found some of the posts disheartening, but that is their opinion and they are free to express it. I have also found this site very informative and beneficial to me. We will miss your input.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I've just been on the site a couple of weeks but have enjoyed your imput. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit