Thanks and Goodbye

by brotherdan 89 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

SBC: Thats it I am out of here! You crossed the line. The Chupacabras are Mexican and I love Mexico.... wait not really. Anyway I am done with you too.

• tec
    tec

Hey, I just watched a show that proved the existence of Chubacabras, you know. Hairless canine thingys (this is my super scientific description, btw)

Tammy

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

WOOW!! I have just read a loooong thread where the good people from this board rallied to give you support and now it has become damaging to you?????? excuse my sarcasm!! Intellectual freedom to think and say and believe should never be stifled. It is something that should be treasured and applauded and encouraged. After having lived through so much censorship in watchtowerland, most find it refreshing to hear the thoughts and ideals of others. Turning your back on a wonderful forum because you don't agree with their thinking patterns is no different than what the society does to members who don't agree with their teachings. If you want to leave....then you should do it for the right reason, whether that reason is because you want to take a break to pursue other things or focus on your home life. I consider myself a believer and try daily to build up my faith. Reading opposing viewpoints helps me greatly to make personal choices when it comes to developing a personal set of beliefs in my creator. Otherwise how could you make a good choice if you never take the time to listen and understand the viewpoints of others. Further , as one poster said you don't have to read what you don't want to. It's your choice. Their is so much on this board and you can choose those threads and posts that build you up. As other fellow posters have done, I also will miss your posts ( I sent you a PM a while back). Goodbye for now and hope things work out the way you wish.

• moshe
    moshe

Helping others and debating faith VS fact is not for everyone. Good luck.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Bye Dan and Bon voyage, I'll miss you and that juicy brain of yours. I found a lot of your posts usefull.

Joey (Not my real name, you can never be to carefull with these JW ninjas)

• rabidewok
    rabidewok

If you want a faith where everyone must be in agreement and believe the same as you then you should return to the Witnesses and beg for forgiveness. Research and learn that man has been on this planet more than 6000 years. That is a good place to start anyways.

• TD
    TD

--Gonna miss you Dan.

Maybe I'll see you at Flancer's sometime

• ziddina
    ziddina

Rats, Aw Snap!! You've exceeded your bandwidth!!!

(And lately I've exceeded my waistband width... )

My two-cents worth on Brother Dan's situation...

He's dealing with a very volatile domestic situation. I recall a comment from either Brother Dan or a fellow poster, on one of the threads regarding his wife and home situation, that there was concern that she could somehow gain access to his posts on this board, and have confirmation of his "apostasy" [GASP!!! ], thereby re-affirming her erratic behavior in seeking a way out of the marriage...

Imo, I suspect that he's 'covering his bases' - pulling back to make certain nothing endangers his current marital stability - for what it's worth and for however long it DOES last...

I hope for the best for him, but I'm sure not very optimistic... There just seems to be something REALLY rotten in the planking...

Zid

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    This is officially goodbye.

I guess that's easier than admitting you might have been fooled.

I wish you all the best on your journey.

Cheers

Chris

• dysfunction
    dysfunction

Good bye and good luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit