Thanks and Goodbye

by brotherdan 89 Replies latest jw friends

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

When it comes to God and religion, there aren't any right answers. We all have to live with tolerance and the uncertainty of never knowing if we are right. A sense of humour helps.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Sad, I'm very sad you are leaving.

Hugs

y

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Why not just do as I do, sift through the crap and don't bother to read / converse on it?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

brotherdan

You are running from reality. Reality is the fact that people hold different opinions. Challenging them leads to enlightenment. The alternative is to only associate with those that support the views you have adopted.

I hope you are able to sustain your illusions. Life without illusion is the path less travelled. More honest but less comfy.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Please don't stay gone too long. There is room here for LOTS of different opinions and faiths.

I've learned new things from you. I'm sure that others have, too. Take care.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Will miss you brotherdan ... best wishes.

You know what they say about opinions ... here's mine.

I have found this sight to be very helpful. At times, I thought it got to be negative, I felt perhaps I should apply the scripture about not mixing in company with those who reject Christ, maybe I should ... but I came to realize for myself,most of the people here, Christian, athiest, agnostic, whatever, are people I have something in common with. The Watchtower. We don't all have to follow the same path, but the insight and understanding about where we came from has been quite helpful.

As a Christian, let your light shine. As you can tell, this isn't the place to preach, thats not why you came here in the first place.

Hopefully you can stop in now and then and provide your encouraging experience to others who end up here in the same condition you were a few short months ago.

Take care.

• cyberjesus
  • tec
    tec

Do what you have to do for yourself, Dan. But I do think you'll be back. Because you'll find strength, and that will allow you to be back. Believe me, I've left this site for a few days, even a week, before myself. Just to refresh and get my strength back. (sometimes because my poor family needs their mom/wife around a bit more than this site, lol)

I agree with Wannabefree above. Let your light shine. No matter where you are, or how dark it might seem at times. Just trust in Him.

Many people care very much about you on this board. I am one of them. I'm going to send you a pm, so you can stay in contact with me, if ever you wish to discuss faith with someone else, during your time away from here.

I hope you find the peace you're seeking.

Tammy

(you might also make use of this page in the future:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8YrI5VxVZtAJ:www.rationalchristianity.net/unknown_verses.html+beaten+with+few+blows,+beaten+with+many+blows+scripture&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=safari

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Before I studied the Scriptures, they were like a magic book hidden in a misty cloud. Their content was interesting and pertinent and esoteric. When I studied them very close, verse by verse, I understood they are not the Truth. It's just a story invented by some people a few thousands years ago. I'm sorry, but that is what I believe. And it hurts to see all the religions of the Christianity, including the JW (which are a little worse than the others), rob the individuals of their freedom and of their money.

God is almighty, but needs our money wherever we hide, wherever we run. And Jesus resurrected the dead, healed the sick, confronted kings and priests and no damn contemporary historian mentioned him? I'm done believing in fairy-tales.

Farewell, brotherdan, don't let our freedom of speech get in the way of your freedom of speech. You were an inspiration.

In the day when this forum will forbid speaking of God in a mocking manner, I will leave too. I do not want to replace a blind eye with another blind eye of a different color.

• cult classic
    cult classic
    This site has also become damaging. The last couple of months I've come away from the site feeling drained and sad

I'm surprised this is what you will take away from this board. There are definitely differences of opinions and beliefs on this board. Some arguments for sure.

But what I see most often is a group of people, most of whom have never met face to face, sincerely reaching out to be of encouragement and offer support. I saw this in your case too, BrotherDan.

Best wishes for you and your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit