Did Jesus resurrect Himself?

by brotherdan 143 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OBVES
    OBVES

God of the Bible raised Jesus from grave .If Jesus was dead someone else had to raise him .Only God could do that.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Or someone that conferred that right, authority, and ability upon, dear OBVES (peace to you)... which He did as to my Lord, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... which is why he could, did, and will yet resurrect others.

I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OBVES
    OBVES

Jesus was dead so only God the Father could do that . Jesus rose from dead must be taken figuratively . Just like the apostles worked miracles.It was God who performed miracles through the apostles.We itnerpret the Bible with the Bible.

Jesus rose :1 Corinthians 15.4: ; God raises the dead - 2 Corinthians 1.9.

Acts 5.12 ; 15.12. Look how it is easy to remember 5.12 and then you add 1 and get 15.12 : apostles worked miracles but in actuality it was God who wrought these miracles .

Very good examples how we should interpret the Bible - Isaiah 28.9-10.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    God of the Bible raised Jesus from grave .If Jesus was dead someone else had to raise him .Only God could do that.

BINGO!!! It's as simple as that. Thank you.

Think About It

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Jesus was dead so only God the Father could do that.

His flesh died, yes, dear OBVES (again, peace to you!). But the spirit does not die... and so, his did not. Indeed, he preached to other spirits in the World of the Dead while there. But... he was given the KEYS to death. Such that when his work was done in Sheol, he could return. And so, his spirit... which contained HOLY SPIRIT... and so is LIFE-GIVING... was not bound by death... but could raise itself up. Surely, if the woman of Endor could raise up the spirit of Samuel, she who did NOT have God's holy spirit within her, the Son of God and Holy One of Israel, who DID have such spirit... could raise himself up.

Jesus rose from dead must be taken figuratively. Just like the apostles worked miracles. It was God who performed miracles through the apostles.We interpret the Bible with the Bible.

Or misinterpret it? If God performed miracles through the apostles, would He have not also done so THROUGH His Son?

Jesus rose :1 Corinthians 15.4: ; God raises the dead - 2 Corinthians 1.9.

Yes, the Most Holy One of Israel raises up the dead. But you forget HOW He does that: through His Son, the One upon whom He conferred ALL authority. Even to raise the dead. Even... to raise himself. You missed a WHOLE lot of Bible verses that speak to that, including the most important one:

"... and now in order that he may not put his hand out and actually take also from the tree of lifeand eatand live to time indefinite,—”

Acts 5.12 ; 15.12. Look how it is easy to remember 5.12 and then you add 1 and get 15.12 : apostles worked miracles but in actuality it was God who wrought these miracles .

Even Christ said that the glory must be given to God, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, his Father. But where did the apostles get their ability to perform such miracles? From WHOM did they receive it? The writer of "John's" account tells us:

"[Jesus], therefore, said to them again: “May YOU have peace. Just as the Father has sent me forth, I also am sending YOU.” And after he said this he blew upon them and said to them: “Receive holy spirit. If YOU forgive the sins of any persons, they stand forgiven to them; if YOU retain those of any persons, they stand retained.”

In overlooking the role of Christ, dear one, you are overlooking the command of God: to kiss... the SON. When the famine hit the land, yes, Israel was fed by Pharaoh - it was his grain that sustained them. BUT... Pharaoh himself didn't give them such grain: Joseph did. It was Joseph they had to go to... Joseph they had to ask... Joseph... the had to PAY. It was Joseph before whom they had to bow down... and Joseph's ring they had to kiss. THEY... had no authority to go before Pharaoh... unless JOSEPH granted it. And so, while, yes, it was absolutely appropriate to say that Pharaoh had fed them... indeed, it would have been the epitome of disregard NOT to say so... it was also an utter disregard of Pharaoh... to overlook and disregard JOSEPH... the One who decided whether they would even GET some of Pharaoh's grain or not.

Christ... is the Greater Joseph. It is HE who dispenses God's "food" to the domestics... and HE who provides them with "water." To the glory... of God/Pharaoh. KISS... the SON... let God be ANGRY.

Very good examples how we should interpret the Bible - Isaiah 28.9-10.

Given those verses, why bother with the Bible at all?? A better way would be as recorded at Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Again, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

That's only true if death means non-existence as the JW's teach. If they are wrong about Jesus raising Himself, might they not be wrong about their understanding of what death is as well?

• Chalam
    Chalam

JWs clearly deny the bible they purport to follow and the power of God. Here are "three witnesses" which clearly state Jesus raised Himself.

John 10:17 (English Standard Version)

17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.

John 10:18 (English Standard Version)

18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father."

John 2:18-22 (English Standard Version)

18 So the Jews said to him, "What sign do you show us for doing these things?" 19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20 The Jews then said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?" 21 But he was speaking about the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• Podobear
    Podobear

Actually the wording of all those three texts do not prove your point, Stephen. Why do you choose to ignore all the rest of the Scriptures cited here.

A curious oversight on your part.. or simply blinkered doctrinal bias?

Blessings in the name of Jesus Christ and the name of his and our Father, Jehovah God.

Podo

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Actually the wording of all those three texts do not prove your point, Stephen. Why do you choose to ignore all the rest of the Scriptures cited here.
    A curious oversight on your part.. or simply blinkered doctrinal bias?

Does it surprise you? He does it every time, no matter what the subject. You can lay out several scriptures that are pretty clear on a matter, yet he will quote a few obscure texts like the ones above that are not absolutely clear on the matter as he tries to imply. Then, you can even throw in the historical or philosophical developments on the matter and it is all ignored to keep trying to push his fundamentists view and agenda.

Galatians 1:1 (King James Version)

1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;) 3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Here it "clearly" states that God the Father raised Jesus (his Son) from the dead. Verse 3 speaks of 2 separate entities and makes no mention of a Holy Ghost. No need for it to be worded this way if they are all in one the same.

Think About It

• Chalam
    Chalam

Jesus clearly states "I take it/raise it up" three times.

Take it with Him if you consider He's a liar.

I am not ignoring the rest of the scriptures, here's three more.

Romans 8:11 (New International Version)

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

1 Peter 3:18 (New International Version)

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:6 (New International Version)

6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit