This is scary we are to put the GB in the same place as Jesus according to the Dec 15 WT

by life is to short 76 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Ding
    Ding

According to the Watchtower, the only thing Jesus has done since his return to heaven is to turn his attention to the affairs of the earth in 1914 and pick the WTS to be the FDS in 1918-1919.

The Watchtower leaders has supplanted Jesus as the mediator for the "great crowd."

In fact, the organization has supplanted Jesus in the lives of JWs ever since they came up with the "invisible presence" / "faithful and discreet slave organization" / "Jehovah's sole channel of communication" dogma about a century ago.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thomas Covenant Thank you I liked the way you spelled it out.

Ding I still cannot get over the fact that I thought Jesus did come invisibly. How stupid is it to think that way. Here they are saying that he was going to come in 1914 then when that did not happen they said well 'yes it did only he came invisibly'. How stupid were our grandparents and parents to believe that. If world war 1 had not started they would have had nothing but because of the war and the way they twist Revelation to fit their time frame people like my husband buy into it like kids to candy.

I just want to bang my head against the wall. My husband missed the two day assembly last year and I was joking with him I said do not worry I can tell you the new points. The first one is that the system did end only it was invisible and we just do not know it yet. My husband just looked at me and I said well is that not how they got out of 1914. My husband did not think it was funny but that is how stupid some of the ones who believe are. I swear if they did tell my husband we were in the new world right now he might just believe them.

I swear I feel like I am in a crazy place with this religion. How can anyone look at it really look at it and still believe it.

LITS

• Chalam
    Chalam

This is scary we are to put the GB in the same place as Jesus according to the Dec 15 WT

Personally, I think it is clear that the WT put themselves in the place of Christ, just look at their Mediator teaching

http://www.qwotes.info/mediator.htm

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• carla
    carla

marking, thanks.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's all further proof that the WT is not a Christian organisation.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

wow i had a hard time just reading that crap. and to think i used to believe it

• watson
    watson

That's THE paragraph. Woke me from some REM sleep.

• Ding
    Ding

LITS,

With regard to an "invisible presence," look again at Acts 1:9-11. Does it say Jesus was invisible or does it say they SAW him until a cloud hid him from view?

Acts 1:9-11 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. 10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two
    men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven. 12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day's walk from the city."

"In the same way you have seen him go into heaven": If someone had recorded this on videotape and you played it backwards to simulate Jesus' return, would you conclude that he would return invisibly or that you would see him arrive once he emerged from the clouds?

Compare that to this OT prophecy:

Zechariah 14:3-4: "And Jehovah will certainly go forth and war against those nations, as in the day of his warring, in the day of fight. 4 And his feet will actually stand in that day upon the mountain of the olive trees, which is in front of Jerusaem, on the east; and the mountain of the olive trees must be split at its middle, from the sunrising and to the west. There will be a very great valley; and half of the mountain will actually be moved to the north, and half of it to the south." (NWT)

Is this symbolic? "And his feet will actually stand... upon the mountain of the olive trees."

• Gayle
    Gayle

"gifts in men."-Eph. 4:8. (JW Bible)

The NIV translation says God "gave gifts TO men." So a 'small' group of men (8) are not THE 'gift.' There is nothing "discreet" about them.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

In fact, our attitude toward Christ's spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged during the coming great tribulation.

Well, now I'm nauseous...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit