This is scary we are to put the GB in the same place as Jesus according to the Dec 15 WT

by life is to short 76 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Heaven - "I smell desperation on the GB's part. "

I dunno if it's desperation, per se; but I'd be surprised if it doesn't have the effect of (intentionally or otherwise) winnowing out the CC by making it more and more unbearable for them to stay, thus leaving an increasingly higher percentage of faithful-to-the-core-but-not-particularly-bright among the R&F.

Downside (for the Org) is the brain-drain that inevitably results from actions like this; the smartest, most creative, and most talented JWs inevitably become members of the CC, inactive, faders, or DAd/DFd "apostates".

They'll end up being left with a worldwide body of morons.

• mouthy
    mouthy

LITS They kicked me out because I didnt see the invisable arrival of Jesus.
    Dont you feel sorry for all the followers of this cult? I do! especially at this time
    of the year, I knew a sister? who would cover her kids eyes ,when they went by the
    lights,Christmas trees,poor kid! I often wonder if the kid went blind.
    LITS.... I cant remember was your Hubby a born in JW??? Or like me
    captured" by two well meaning slaves?
    I am waiting for Jim Pentons new book he is writing....IT will tell us all a few
    things we didnt know.I spoke to him last night .Begged him to get the book
    finished before I kick the bucket

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What are they saying about their own writings? I found this paragraph (13) on page 27 of the Feb 15 2010 Watchtower

"When preparing for the Watchtower Study or the Congregation Bible Study we ought to bear in mind the need to meditate on the information presented. Do we find ourselves always quickly underlining the answer to a study question and moving on to the next paragraph? Such study sessions are unlikely to deepen our love for righteousness or to develop within us a sensitive conscience. If we are to come to love righteousness, we need to study diligently and meditate on what we read in God's written Word. There are no shortcuts when it comes to learning to love righteousness with all our heart!"

Hmmm. A lot of experienced dubs will read between the lines and see it as a reminder to consider The Bible. But that is not what it actually says. It says that the information presented in the WT is read as "God's written Word".......Am I being picky? Is it just sloppy writing in this article or is it an attempt to present their words as God's own?????

• freydo
    freydo

Paragraph 21 Soon Christ will act against Satan's wicked system. When that occurs, our lives will be in Jesus' hands, for he has been authorized by God to guide the foretold "great crowd" to the "fountains of waters of life." (Rev. 79,16,17) Hence, let us do our utmost now to submit willingly and appreciatively to Jehovah's spirit-guided King........aka governing body et al

Question : How can we show ourselves appreciative before Christ acts?

Do whatever is asked, which is never enough. Ask no questions for which we haven't already been provided spirit-directed answers. Stay off of the internet and remember, that missing just one meeting could cause us and our loved ones to die at Armageddon.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Ding: "

Compare that to this OT prophecy:

Zechariah 14:3-4: "And Jehovah will certainly go forth and war against those nations, as in the day of his warring, in the day of fight. 4 And his feet will actually stand in that day upon the mountain of the olive trees,"

You are comparing apples to oranges. Jesus is NOT Jehovah. The WT is famous for using the two interchangeably and yet they don't believe in the three-in-one trinity. WT, however, does promote a duality of gods by using Jesus/Jehovah as one and the same. In one sentence they use Jesus and in continuing the thought, the next thing you know, they are using Jehovah.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

"Paragraph 19 Among those "gifts in men" are the members of the Governing Body, who act in a representative way for the entire Christian congregation. (Acts 15:2,6) In fact, our attitude toward Christ's spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged during the coming great tribulation. (Matt. 25:34-40) Thus, one aspect of the way we gain a blessing is by giving our loyal support to God's anointed ones."

(Matthew 25:34-40 NWT) 34 “Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, YOU who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for YOU from the founding of the world. 35 For I became hungry and YOU gave me something to eat; I got thirsty and YOU gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and YOU received me hospitably; 36 naked, and YOU clothed me. I fell sick and YOU looked after me. I was in prison and YOU came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty, and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked, and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to you?’ 40 And in reply the king will say to them, ‘Truly I say to YOU, To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, YOU did it to me.’

So, "these brothers" now applies to solely to the Governing Body, and if you don't give more of your resources to them you can expect Jehovah to allow extra persecution for you during the great tribulation? Is this what they are implying, these bastards?

• Listener
    Listener
    Matthew 12:48-50 identifies who Jesus viewed as his "brothers" and it sure as hell was not just 8 senile old power-tripping goats in New York. He identified them as everyone who doesn the will of his father:

He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my

brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

Great points Mary. They have totally changed the meaning of these scriptures to make their own point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit