This is scary we are to put the GB in the same place as Jesus according to the Dec 15 WT

by life is to short 76 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• life is to short
    life is to short

I do not know how to scan the WT if someone can it would be great but I wrote it out verbatim . I think what the WT says speaks for its self. Am I missing something and or reading something into what they are saying. What I read is that we need to put the GB on the same level as Jesus. Here it is.

Under the subheading "Through Christ, Bless yourself!

Paragraph 16 Jehovah told Abraham: "By means of your seed all nations of the earth will certainly bless themselves due to the fact that you listened to my voice." (Gen 2. 22:18) This implies that appreciative ones can confidently look forward to the blessings the Messianic Seed will bring. And they actively serve today with those blessings in mind.

Paragraph 17 To Abraham's fleshly seed, the nation of Israel, God said: "All these blessings[set out in the Law covenant] must come upon you and overtake you, because you keep listening to the voice of Jehovah your God," (Deut. 28:2) The same can be said to God's servants today. If you desire Jehovah's blessings, "keep listening" to his voice. Then his blessings "must come upon you and overtake you." What, though, does "listening" involve?

Paragraph 18 Listening certainly includes taking to heart what is said in God's Word and the spiritual food that he provides. (Matt. 24:45) It also means obeying God and his Son. Jesus said: "Not everyone saying to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will." (Matt7:21) And listening to God means willingly submitting oneself to the arrangement he has sent in place, the Christian congregation with appointed elders, "gifts in men."-Eph. 4:8.

Paragraph 19 Among those "gifts in men" are the members of the Governing Body, who act in a representative way for the entire Christian congregation. (Acts 15:2,6) In fact, our attitude toward Christ's spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged during the coming great tribulation. (Matt. 25:34-40) Thus, one aspect of the way we gain a blessing is by giving our loyal support to God's anointed ones.

Paragraph 20 The 'gifts in men" also include members of the Branch Committees, traveling overseers, and congregations elders-all of whom have been appointed by holy spirit. (Acts 20:28) These brothers' primary responsibility is to build up God's people "until...all attain to the oneness in the faith and in the accurate knowledge of the Son and God, to a full-grown man, to the measure of the stature that belongs to the fullness of the Christ." (Eph. 4:13) Granted, like the rest of us, they are imperfect. Still we bless ourselves when we respond appreciatively to their loving shepherding.-Heb 13:7,17.

Paragraph 21 Soon Christ will act against Satan's wicked system. When that occurs, our lives will be in Jesus' hands, for he has been authorized by God to guide the foretold "great crowd" to the "fountains of waters of life." (Rev. 79,16,17) Hence, let us do our utmost now to submit willingly and appreciatively to Jehovah's spirit-guided King.

Any other thoughts on this. To me it is scary. Pass the cool aid please

LITS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LITS

Still we bless ourselves when we respond appreciatively to their loving shepherding.-

This about says it all. What do you need Jesus for if you can "Bless yourself".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In fact, our attitude toward Christ's spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged during the coming great tribulation. (Matt. 25:34-40)

Where exactly does "Christ's spiritual brothers" appear in Matt. 25:34-40 ???

The greek term "adelphos" means Bothers or brethern in regards to same parents O

1) a brother, whether born of the same two parents or only of the same father or mother

2) having the same national ancestor, belonging to the same people, or countryman

3) any fellow or man

4) a fellow believer, united to another by the bond of affection

5) an associate in employment or office

6) brethren in Christ

a) his brothers by blood

b) all men

c) apostles

d) Christians

• onemore
    onemore

Hence, let us do our utmost now to submit willingly and appreciatively to Jehovah's spirit-guided King.

spirit-guided King= GB.

According to the WT....Who is spirit-guided? Jesus or the GB?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ephesians 4:

Chapter 4

1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all lowliness and meekness, with patience, forbearing one another in love, 3 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call, 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all. 7 But grace was given to each of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore it is said,

“When he ascended on high he led a host of captives,

and he gave gifts to men.” 9 (In saying, “He ascended,” what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is he who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ; 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by their craftiness in deceitful wiles. 15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every joint with which it is supplied, when each part is working properly, makes bodily growth and upbuilds itself in love.

17 Now this I affirm and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds; 18 they are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart; 19 they have become callous and have given themselves up to licentiousness, greedy to practice every kind of uncleanness. 20 You did not so learn Christ! — 21 assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus. 22 Put off your old nature which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your minds, 24 and put on the new nature, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

25 Therefore, putting away falsehood, let every one speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another. 26 Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and give no opportunity to the devil. 28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his hands, so that he may be able to give to those in need. 29 Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for edifying, as fits the occasion, that it may impart grace to those who hear. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, with all malice, 32 and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

So, what gifts ate those in Eph 4?

And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers,

Wow, not ONE mention of governing ANYTHING !

• sir82
    sir82
    our attitude toward Christ's spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged during the coming great tribulation. (Matt. 25:34-40)

That's pretty brazen, even for them.

1) Where, exactly, is "attitude" mentioned in Matthew 25:34-40?

2) Who, exactly, are "Christ's spiritual brothers"? Hmm, maybe they could let the Bible answer:

Matthew 12:48-50 (New International Version © 2010)
    48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Funny, I don't seem to be able to find the Bible translation that says "whoever are the 8 old dudes who call themselves a 'governing body' and live in Brooklyn are my brothers".

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

I think this has been discussed before and I made the same comment. Read it in 1st person.

This would be the way a Governing Body member would be dictating it to his secretary/ note taker ready and prior to publication.

Paragraph 19 Among those "gifts in men" are US, who act in a representative way for the entire Christian congregation. (Acts 15:2,6) In fact, YOUR attitude toward US is a major factor that will determine how YOU will be judged during the coming great tribulation. (Matt. 25:34-40) Thus, one aspect of the way YOU gain a blessing is by giving YOUR loyal support to US.

That's a bit clearer I think.

• tec
    tec

I think they've expected and implied this all along though, haven't they? Just for now they've put it into black and white - even though I still think they went about it in a convoluted way. Thomas' version was a lot clearer!

Tammy

• james_woods
    james_woods

It is scary - but not necessarily new. They have been playing with this idea since shortly after the 1975 debacle.

The notion has been published that the great crowd is not in the new covenant, but the anointed are. In this sense, the anointed are viewed as practically a secondary intermediary between the great crowd and Jehovah or Jesus - in effect, in the place of Jesus.

I have said it before, but this self-promotion of the anointed/GB to practically Christ-like status was a more important breaking point for Ed Dunlap and others back in the Ray Franz contraversy than even the 1975 failed prophecy.

Back at that time, the term anointed was usually employed instead of Governing Body. This has obviously changed - the ordinary anointed are hardly mentioned now. The ordinary anointed still left are meaningless kooks or senile old people unless they have a high organizational position.

The entire doctrinal lashup of two classes of christians, only one limited one of which is anointed, partakes of the emblems, and is in the new covenant (unscriptural as it is) - is the entire basis of the society ruling class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit