S.O.S.

by AGuest 138 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

"Not sure where you are, dear Wuz (peace to you!)... but where I am "okkkaaaayyy" means...YES, RIGHT! and in a big way!"

thanks Luv for makin' that clear

I did'n know how to read into it

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Hope that helps.

MUAH... and peace to you, Daddy-O!

Shelb, on her own...

• wasblind
    wasblind

Farkel that is so cold !!!!!

Just tell him to inhale when he talks

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

My vote is you just talk honestly. I have worked for some pretty passive agressive bosses before, and they would have written an entire office memo, about offensive odors, bad breath personal hygyene ect ect.....

Givivng this issue on to the DR sounds like it might work, but if it is tooth decay you are otta luck and will have to have that convo.

In one place I worked we had an eval that had a personal hygine/dress code section. It made it really easy for the managers to bring it.

• check
    check

Dear aguest,

I am sorry you had to go through that and hope you are okay. I understand that you did not want to hurt this guys feelings by telling him how you felt, but what I do not understand is how you can say your "lord" handled it for you by basically having you deceive him? Why didn't your lord handle the problem for you by you telling this guy the truth? Why did you have to deceive him by telling him you were concerned about his having a sinus problem when the real problem is you have an issue with his bad breath? If this guy comes back fully recovered with bad breath, you will again have a problem with him. And I do not understand how your lord who advocates honesty would advise deception? why can't your lord just tell the truth? In the long-run it will help the guy out because he will know to give attention to his breath (should he hopefully recover) so that he doesn't have to unnecessarily offend his co-workers.

• AGuest
    AGuest

My Lord directed me to tell him to see a doctor, dear Check (peace to you!)... and that's what I did. Now, for what, exactly, I can't say. My FAITH tells me that whatever it is, the doctor WILL handle it and as a result so will this dear man... and so... problem solved. It really is that easy.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

So if your Lord directed you to tell him to see a Dr, then why did you post your question here? Surely doing so shows distrust in the ability of your Lord to direct you personally?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Check says: "Why didn't your lord handle the problem for you by you telling this guy the truth? Why did you have to deceive him by telling him you were concerned about his having a sinus problem when the real problem is you have an issue with his bad breath? '"

Am I missing something? I don't see where Aguest was deceiving this man.

She did have a concern because it was affecting her and others also.

yes it was a concern of hers because what ever the problem was, his going

to the Dr. may resolve it. And there is nothing wrong with praying about anything

and asking for guidance no matter what you believe. There are times when truth should be replaced with TACT

Tact | Define Tact at Dictionary.com

–noun 1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations. 2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful ...

• wasblind
    wasblind

You did good Aguest

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey, Shelby.

I wish I could still "talk" the talk as well as you, but I can't any more.

So, I will state simply, "You done good, guhl."

Peace and blessings.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit