S.O.S.

by AGuest 138 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you for the link, dear ASO (peace to you!)... and your words of encouragement, dear WB, TO, and tec (peace to you, as well!). Dear, dear OUTLAW... you KNOW I love you, but... ewwwwwwwww! LOLOLOLOLOL!

Anyway, I called him just now. The converation went:

S: "You're really not feeling so well, are you?"

D: "No, I'm really not."

S: "Yeah, I didn't think so. You know, I think you need to see a doctor."

D: "You DO??"

S: "Yeah, I think you might have a very bad sinus infection. A really bad one."

D: "Really?? Oh, man!"

S: "Yeah, and they're contagious, which is why I sent you home. I think you might need some antibiotics or something."

D: "Yeah. Well, I need to see if I can get in."

S: "Yeah, you really do 'cause you're risking getting your kids and wife sick [all over again]. (This is actually Cycle No. 3 since he started with us on 10/4! Infant was really sick a few weeks ago, just after he started). So, you really need to try and get in today."

D: "Oh, man! Yeah, maybe you're right. I'll call now."

S: "Good! Actually, I'm going to ask you to stay off work until you're fully better. So, you'll need to bring a doctor's excuse when you come back, okay?"

D: "Oh, really? Okay..."

S: "Yeah, because I can't get sick right now. Actually, since we're short-staffed right now, no one else can afford to get sick, either."

D: "Yeah, I see what you mean. Okay!"

S: "Okay! So, take care and see you when you get back!"

How's that? I'm thinking that even if it isn't a sinus infection (but I'm willing to bet my firstborn it is!)... the doc'll figure out that something is "up" and tell him what to do about it.

So, again, thanks, everyone! The office has been sufficiently Lysoled so rest easy! I'll let you know how it turns out. In the meantime:

Peace and thanks for your help!

SA, on her own...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

hmmm...could work, but then again if that isn't the problem then you still have the same problem and will have to talk to him again... Might as well bring it up, get it over with, and then you can laugh about it later.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    if that isn't the problem then you still have the same problem and will have to talk to him again

Perhaps, dear BroDan (peace to you!). But I like to live with a little more faith than that and so I'm just gonna go with my belief that the matter's been handled... without me even having to "go there." You know?

But thank you, truly, for the suggestion and, again...

Peace to you!

SA, on her own... but still walking by faith - !

• minimus
    minimus

Tell him how much you think he's wonderful. Then tell him how awful he smells and PRAY that he gets the point.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Sorry Shelby but I don't think that is the problem and I think you missed a great opportunity to bring it to his attention.

Here is how I think the conversation should have gone after "Do you"

S:Yeah, I think you may have T.B.

D: T.B.?

S: Yeah, T.B. ... you know...Turd Breath. Haven't you noticed how people back away and look nauseous whenever you are in the room and start speaking? Yeah its probably bad case of Turd Breath. For a starter try some of these (offer breath mints) and then see your doctor and ask what could be causing it. I'm sure he won't need to do any test to see you have a problem.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Well Aguest,

it is said the Good Lord don't put more on us than we can handle

and you handled that very well

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Yeah, T.B. ... you know...Turd Breath.

Ah, yes, just chuck the man's dignity to the floor... then sashay my high heels right on over it, eh, dear IQ (peace to you!)? LOLOLOLOLOLOLO! Yeah, well, while I think he could've possibly taken something like that from a fellow fella... I'm not so sure he could from a gurl... particularly when she's the boss. He might have had a little more respect for me but, ummmmm, no. Don't misunderstand me - I got cahones - you have to, sometimes, in order be an effective boss. But unlike some, I like to keep mine zippered up, tight. Don't always need 'em swingin' in the breeze, trying' to prove anything to anyone just 'cause. Know what I mean? Good! So, okay, now, back in your cage like a good little Rottweiler - LOLOLOLOLOLOL! (J/K!!!)

the Good Lord don't put more on us than we can handle

Okkaaaaayyyyy, dear Wuz (peace to you, dear one!)??

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• wasblind
    wasblind

"Okkaaaaayyyyy, dear Wuz (peace to you, dear one!)?? "

Aguest ? was it more than you could handle ?

I guess it was scince you said it made you nauseated

• AGuest
    AGuest

Not sure where you are, dear Wuz (peace to you!)... but where I am "okkkaaaayyy" means...YES, RIGHT! and in a big way!

You are RIGHT that my Lord didn't allow me to take on more than I could handle. I was at my breaking point... and he handled it FOR me!

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA, who maybe should have been a bit clearer?

• Farkel
    Farkel

I've had a number of employees in my various business enterprises which started somewhere in the Stone Age.

Let's say this guy's name is Fred. Here's what you do.

You: Fred?

Fred: Yes?

You: Fred, your breath always smells like shit. Do something about it, or I will have to ask you to stop breathing while you are at work. You may still breathe when you are away from work, though. It's affecting your job. Several people have called the CDC in Atlanta over it, and Homeland Security is also doing an investigation, so it's become a rather big problem. I didn't know how to put it any other way.

Fred:

Hope that helps.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit