I WAS CAUGHT emailing a pdf copy of the New Elders Book

by Smoky 108 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Doing great Wasblind. thanks! And you?

Yes, when you are phished it means you open an infected email, that autoforwards itself to everyone on your contact list. So the emails all appear to be coming from you.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Yes!Yes!That's an EXCELLENT explanation. It happened to a friend of mine. It is impossible to tell where it started. Some dirty apostate who got your email address, (maybe from Facebook, ha,ha,ha!) Deny, deny!

• Smoky
    Smoky

You guys are making me nervous. If you guys read my last topic, i was going to get a visit from the elders this Weekend but they were a No show. I find it funny that when i talked to the Brother about visiting me, he could not find my Service Card? If its lost does that mean i dont Exist as a baptised JW, or no one has jurisdiction on Judicial matters? hmmm.

I only sent it to 5 people, that i thought i can trust, all but 1, were cool about the info, and i have warned about what happen. Could they also be in trouble?...it was I who sent it...they cant control what i send?

I can deny all i can but The Elder will eventually ask me where did i get it from (obviously not an elder). Not sure what to answer, dont want to say "oh from an apostate site"...then im in a pickle.

I was thinking of telling them "a ficticious friend in NY sent it to me, and I will not disclose his name, unless he wants me to" (but of course he wont). I will apologize for my indiscretion, tell them I will destroy the file (hell no) and it will never happen again. That will be it. Right?

smoky (i could use a hit right about now)

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Apostate Virus !!!

Not your fault

• sacolton
    sacolton

Is the "Shepherd The Flock of God" book a:

1. Known Known

2. Known Unknown

3. Unknown Unknown

4. Unknown Known

• therevealer
    therevealer

Remember, you can lie if it is info they have no right to know. Like protecting Jah. In this case protecting your ass.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Trusting a JW to keep anything confidential always backfires. It ruined my fade and I had to just quit cold turkey. I'm afraid it may do the same to you.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Personally, I think the major issue will be what you said in your comments attached to the email, not just emailing the link.

When questioned, you could play a little "dumb" and just say the links are all over the internet (which they are) and you were just passing them along. If you really come on as not thinking you were doing anything wrong, then you will likely get screwed but with some vaseline. You will make it with just some soreness.

But, if you made perjorative comments about the elders or even worse, the organization, they will add gravel and cut back on the vaseline. It could then go as far as they want to take it.

In either case, it won't be pretty. I just hope you didn't say anything that could be contrived as negative against the borg.

Rub a Dub

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Ugh, I hadn't read your previous post. I will go read it. Maybe the phishing thing won't work....

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I wouldn't recommend that one, smokey. You could get caught in the lie if you start using too many details. Just deny, claim a virus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit