I WAS CAUGHT emailing a pdf copy of the New Elders Book

by Smoky 108 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Here's my opinion. I don't know what your situation exactly is. Maybe you are still living at home. Maybe you don't have a circle of "worldly" associates. Depending on that situation, this might be the best thing than can ever happen to you.

I'd like to use an illustration, since that's the way Jesus taught and we all should teach others. Maybe you know there's something wrong with you. You have some sort of ailment but are too afraid to go to the doctor. All of the sudden you get severe symptoms and it forces you to go to the doctor. They found out those symptoms are part of a serious condition but behold! They have the cure for your ailment. Yes, you may struggle with the treatment for a little bit but in the end you come out feeling better than ever.

Likewise, maybe you, like many others are wishing to get out of the organization. You know there's something wrong with it but you are too afraid to come forward with your issues. Then something big comes along and it forces you to be confronted about it. They remove you from the congregation. You deal with all of the emotional strain that comes with losing longtime friends and family but eventually you come out on the other side being much better off.

That's the way I see it anyways. I understand your circumstances may not allow for that to be a very good option but if they do, it could be for the best!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The latest kool aid WT pdf had a photo of Jesus going door to door. I never read that verse...but they painted it...

Brotherdan, that is too funny! It looks like he has chosen Doubting Thomas to acompany him. I can't wait for the next issue of Jesus's door to door work. I wonder if they will show him with some literature in his hand...a scroll perhaps, and a little sachel. And besides, how do we know he's not there just to ask the guy to turn the music down?

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I've been away from my computer for a few days due to a death in my wife's family. When I got home and checked the contact emails for Ex-JW.com I had a complaint from a reader. In his email, he stated that several articles misrepresented the control that the WT and the GB have over local congregations. He stated that each group of elders decide what processes are used within each congregation, following the guidelines provided in the Watchtower magazines, the KM, and direction by Holy Spirit. Quote: "The idea that the Governing Body uses the Watchtower and the Service Department to tell each group of elders how to run their Kingdom Hall is ludicrous. There are thousands of Kingdom Halls with 100 or more publishers attending. Your assertions that the elders have to check with the Service Desk everytime they have to make a tough decision is absurd. They'd have to have a staff of thousands of "customer service" personnel to handle all the calls. You are trying so hard to prove your claim that the Watchtower Society is all about control. That is simply not true. Everything that is done within each Kingdom Hall is well known to all the baptized publishers, especially those who are active in the preaching work. It's not like there is some secret manual that the elders use that tells them how to run every little thing they do. If there was, we'd all know about it. They are guided by the Bible, Jehovah's spirit, and common sense."

I sent back a reply email: "While it is true that I have not personally been associated with the JW brothers for many years, and have only attended Kingdom Halls in connection with the funerals of JW family members - it is also true that I have followed the activities and processes of the Society almost continually since the early 1980s. My question to you is why has the Society became more controlling in every facet of the work? My guess is to keep the flock very tightly under control - especially since the scandals connected with the exposure of all the high-ranking pedophiles in both local congregations and in higher positions within the branches. Oh, and yes there is a "secret manual." There's been one used since at least 1991 and a new one was just recently issued under very tight guidelines. If you are not an elder, or at least some kind of ministerial servant, you won't be allowed to see it. That book tells them "how to run every little thing they do," to borrow your phrase. If you don't believe me, go ask your COBOE to show you his copy, along with any addenda and letters. If he denies it, he's lying. If he won't show it to you, then my point has been proven. The only legitimate way you will see a copy is if you become an elder or MS. Check it out and let me know what happens."

Today, he (I think it's a "he" - but it could be a sister) emailed a reply: "I asked my COBOE just as you suggested. His response was the he does not know of any such book and that the elders do not keep secrets from the other publishers except for personal information in connection with a judicial meeting. He told me that everything they do is completely transparent, and the only guidebooks they have are the Bible and the publications that all active publishers receive. Then he asked me how I heard of such a thing? I'm afraid that he might find out that I communicated with an apostate like you. I knew you were all liars. Please do not contact me again. I'm done with your lies and your evil words."

I don't know what to make of this. It could just be someone pulling my chain. But if it is legitimate, it does illustrate how ignorant the rank & file are of the backroom politics and the depth of the control mechanisms in place.

Sorry again for this being so long, but I wanted to share the whole story with you folks.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

BTW - I failed to get my copy of the letters. Any way I can get them? I checked my local laudromat, but I didn't see any of them there. My usual contacts are all indisposed, tied up in assemblies, or under cover at the moment, so if anyone else can help, it would be much appreciated.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Juan,

It sounds like the WT is trying hard to distance itself from all of the KH's and the individual activities at each hall. I would imagine at all those Brooklyn training sessions there are manuevers discussed that are never written down.

I have also wondered if some of the DFing through the years has been for the sake of fund raising. If someone needs to be reinstated and is a high profile family, I wonder how many make "a special $ contribution" and are quickly restored among the brethern. These tactics are not always just for power and control. There are bills to be paid. WT is a business. When the money isn't coming in through mags and "voluntary" contributions, they have to have some people in reserve they can lean on when extra expenses come up.

I would also be interested to know just how many DF'd who were anxious to be reinstated were approached very subtly about contributions. It would be done in a way of guilting someone to "do more" to gain Jehovah's approval. People probably would not even realize they are being co-erced as they would see it as an opportunity to "get back in Jah's graces". As you know a DF'd cannot do door to door work....so there must be some other way to show repentence. Money would do it.

Anyway, from the sound of it, it looks like people need to start taking the bull by the horns on a local level. Personal slights, etc. The elders should back down if they know the corp. will not stand up for them in a civil suit. Holding your families hostage looks like extortion to me.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Juan, email him the link for the download LOL.... Im PMing it to you in a flash...

Cheers

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Many r&f JW do not even know about the existence of this book. So anyone caught emailing it can theoretically pretend they just thought the book was "kosher" as long as they do not use introduction phrases like "check out the secret elders manual, dude!". Depending on what it was written in your email, you can or cannot simulate ignorance.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Man that image of Jesus going D2D is just incredible. I can already hear him saying "Why hello, i'm Jesus, can I interest you in some biblical scrolls?", "Are you one of them Jehovah's? I told to stop knocking on my door! Get out of here Jesus!". Then Jesus walks away sullenly, noting the door down on the do-not-call list...

You just gotta love a COBOE lying about the flock book. That's so terribly hypocritical. How can people like that look themselves in the mirror.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Jaun, I'm pretty sure that JW is lying. I don't think he asked the COBOE at all.

He figured he could get away with it since he already "knows" what the COBOE would say if he did ask: that there is no book.

I think he didn't ask because, like he said, he is afraid they will think he has been talking to apostates.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

@Moshe: "You may get Df'd, but you definitely need to cloud the water so as to make it very hard for the WT legal dept. to file a lawsuit against you."

Wouldn't that be suing a "brother" and be against their own rules about taking a brother to court? Or, will they justify it and say that it is the corporation suing and not them? Or will they DF him first and then say he is not a brother at all?? UGH.

@Juan: anonymously email him/her a copy of The Book.

Just a general thought - you all know that you can get untraceable anonymous email accounts, right?? You could if you wanted email a copy of The Book to your entire body of elders in a congregation or a city, and they would never know where it came from. Sort of like the idea I saw on here about leaving pages of the Book laying around the KH. Ha!

DS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit