I WAS CAUGHT emailing a pdf copy of the New Elders Book

by Smoky 108 Replies latest jw friends

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Actually, I wouldn't deny a thing. Throw them off, they are wanting you to deny it or stutter your excuse out.

Just point blank tell them, yeah, I sent it, I found it on the internet (or wherever you did get it, but be vague) read it, and thought that all witnesses could be able to use this wealth of information to be better Dubs.

You'll get counselled, but just go with the innocent, I didn't think of it and act real sorry, it was out of your best intentions to help some of your closest friends.

You will be marked internally with the BOE that you have it, distributed, but you didn't lie about it so they cant hit you with the 'brazen card'.

Or..... just flat out lie and deny everything. However, be warned, they can easily get a copy of your email from the snitch friend and confront the others on it to be 'second witnesses'. So play smart. But don't play by their rules.

• KW13
    KW13

There is a chance the Elders will come prepared with printouts/screenshots, proving you sent the emails.

Perhaps you could say you lost your copy of the Watchtower Library so you were downloading it from a torrent site because it was getting late and you didnt want to disturb anyone, and the Elders pdf appeared on there too and you assumed it was freely available, why else would it be on the internet?

• LV101
    LV101

play hide and seek w/the mafia. have fun w/it --- DENY DENY DENY, and tell them to check w/your lawyers and line some up thru the county for free, whatever. report it to the local paper. forget their secret rules and follow your own. call FOX NEWS or your local TV station that helps people.

LV101

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Are not emails private correspondance? If you didn't send the email TO them, do they have the right to use it against you? I'm not sure of what legal implications that has. I would put a disclaimer on the bottom of all your emails that you email is a private correspondance and are not to be forwarded to any other person. I don't think they can legally even look at it then...

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Yep. Shit has hit the fan alright...

I'll agree with the others who told you to deny, deny, deny...

Good luck. You'll need it.

V665

• bohm
    bohm

I would say it was something some person send you and you just forwarded it without reading it. You now know he is an apostate and you have stoned him to death removed him from facebook.

ofcourse, if you wrote a critical email to go along with it, your screwed.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Actually, BroDan is correct. They can't legally use the email as evidence. Of course, that's never stopped them from using illegal means before so best bet, bend over and lube up, you're about to get ass rammed.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I wonder if anyone else has done the same thing? All of you together certainly outnumber the total of elders and legals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u93bhAimFFU

• sir82
    sir82

I kind of like Soldier77's idea.

Where in the PDF file does it say "this book for elders only, upon pain of death or disfellowshipping"? As a young whippersnapper, you certainly wouldn't have seen the BOE letters stating as much.

For all you (in all your doe-eyed innocence) knew, it was something someone else downloaded from JW.org, and you thought you'd save people with slow internet connections the hassle of downloading it themselves.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking this so I can keep track, too!!!

Just out of curiosity, Smoky, do you have a "support system" backup, in place??? Worldly friends you can turn to; an independent income, worldly relatives who might help you out if you get into a real jam???

If not, then I'd start working on a support system independent of the Jehovah's Witness world, RIGHT AWAY!!!

Oh, and....

Smoky, meet MY Smokey!!!

He's sorta silver/steel gray, in case you can't tell...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit