...Obama on Jon Stewart`s "Daily Show"...

by OUTLAW 109 Replies latest social current

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Watch for our President on an upcoming episode of "Mythbusters" on the Discovery Channel, December 8, 2010

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

He has not done a good job of debunking the bullshit from the other side, or just being tough with them in the first place.

That's why I wanted Hillary. It is the classic difference between a law professor (Obama) and a litigator (Hillary). I am only 6 weeks into my three years and already I walked out of a workshop, in disgust, taught by one of my professors because of his theoretical pontificating about "flow-charting" in the law office. Having ten years of actual legal experience, which is eight years more than him, I knew he was full of bullshit. I'm attending a pretty highly ranked law school, so the vast majority of professors have Obama's personality. They are mostly Yale, Harvard, Cambridge, Georgetown, etc. grads, INCREDIBLY well published, schooled, and groomed.

But, they teach because they can't practice! They are all theory, and philosophy, and ...puke. Hillary, on the other hand, was a flippin' bad-ass litigator (only a small percentage are female). She knows how to pick up the legal sword and kill the opposing side.

She understands that when you have the power hand, like Democrats did in 2008, you PUSH. Obama is all let's just play nicely together. No..we should have (and Hillary would have) played hard-ball WITHIN our own party, threatened into submission the Bluedog Democracts, pushed health care reform, with a public option, down the Republicans' throats, and moved on to the next item on the agenda.

Hillary was hung out by high-ranking members of our party, including Harry Ried, who verbally promised to support her, and then turned their backs on her in favor of a man...eerily reminiscent of the early feminist movement when white men sided with black men against white women. Democrats are reaping what they sowed.

However, with as much anti-Obamaism as there is out there...Republicans are doing pretty badly. With his high negatives, they SHOULD be sweeping both the House and Senate, but instead, will impotently get probably just the House.

BTW, can one of you Republican's inform Sharron Angel about how the Constitution works? She is telling everyone that you guys are going to repeal "Obamacare." But, you won't. See...even if by some chance you were able to get something through, Obama would just veto it,...and you will not have the votes to overcome a Presidential veto. ;)

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

That's why I wanted Hillary. It is the classic difference between a law professor (Obama) and a litigator (Hillary). I am only 6 weeks into my three years and already I walked out of a workshop, in disgust, taught by one of my professors because of his theoretical pontificating about "flow-charting" in the law office. Having ten years of actual legal experience, which is eight years more than him, I knew he was full of bullshit. I'm attending a pretty highly ranked law school, so the vast majority of professors have Obama's personality. They are mostly Yale, Harvard, Cambridge, Georgetown, etc. grads, INCREDIBLY well published, schooled, and groomed.

But, they teach because they can't practice! They are all theory, and philosophy, and ...puke. Hillary, on the other hand, was a flippin' bad-ass litigator (only a small percentage are female). She knows how to pick up the legal sword and kill the opposing side.

She understands that when you have the power hand, like Democrats did in 2008, you PUSH. Obama is all let's just play nicely together. No..we should have (and Hillary would have) played hard-ball WITHIN our own party, threatened into submission the Bluedog Democracts, pushed health care reform, with a public option, down the Republicans' throats, and moved on to the next item on the agenda.

Hillary was hung out by high-ranking members of our party, including Harry Ried, who verbally promised to support her, and then turned their backs on her in favor of a man...eerily reminiscent of the early feminist movement when white men sided with black men against white women. Democrats are reaping what they sowed.

However, with as much anti-Obamaism as there is out there...Republicans are doing pretty badly. With his high negatives, they SHOULD be sweeping both the House and Senate, but instead, will impotently get probably just the House.

BTW, can one of you Republican's inform Sharron Angel about how the Constitution works? She is telling everyone that you guys are going to repeal "Obamacare." But, you won't. See...even if by some chance you were able to get something through, Obama would just veto it,...and you will not have the votes to overcome a Presidential veto. ;)

Nice pontificating

The people will speak on Tuesday

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What happens on Tuesday?..

And..

How will it affect the American Presidency and Government?..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Perhaps the Founding Fathers had it right after all - don't let the average American ignoramus anywhere near the levers of power.
    That is a profoundly frightening statement

DS,

You apparently do not understand irony.

At the time of the writing of the Constitution, only male land owners were permitted to vote; women were entirely prohibited; men received formal education, women did not. The idea was that the electorate should be qualified by education and investment.

Now, it has been determined that anyone should be able to vote, even though too many voters have no earthly idea what policy or party serves them best. Research shows that more people know who Paula Abdul is than who know the three branches of government. This extension of voting rights to anyone and everyone has led to a huge bloc of people voting on emotion and only for their immediate gratification, as opposed to what best serves the country and even themselves in the long run. These voters are like the farmers who eat the seed corn and are therefore unable to plant in the spring.

The popular idea today is that the more people who vote, the stronger our democracy will become, helping everyone to feel he has a role in decision making. But more important for political stability is the economic welfare of the country.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Are you saying that we should return the vote to white, male landowners?

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Nice pontificating

Thank you. :)

...insert ominous drum roll...speaker with a deep voice says...The people will speak on Tuesday...Dark Side's attempt at being profound. ;)

The "people" have always spoken, and they have gotten what they deserve, which is the mess we have. The "people" have elected the officials; the "people" have not wanted to spend their time researching the issues: the "people" have allowed themselves to be manipulated and used.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No one Knows whats going to happen on Tuesday,except Dark Side?..

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Are you saying that we should return the vote to white, male landowners?

No, I'm not. Just because the FF felt that way doesn't mean it applies today.

What I'm saying is that our electorate is made up of far too many low-information and ill-informed voters, who often are manipulated to vote against their own best interests.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

No one Knows whats going to happen on Tuesday,except Dark Side?..

I'll cast my vote, as I hope all Americans do

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit