...Obama on Jon Stewart`s "Daily Show"...

by OUTLAW 109 Replies latest social current

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I'll cast my vote, as I hope all Americans do.....DarkSide

All right..We "almost" have an answer!..

A vote for What?..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

The "people" have always spoken, and they have gotten what they deserve, which is the mess we have. The "people" have elected the officials; the "people" have not wanted to spend their time researching the issues: the "people" have allowed themselves to be manipulated and used.

Offer a solution

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

I'll cast my vote, as I hope all Americans do.....DarkSide

All right..We "almost" have an answer!..

A vote for What?..

Democracy

Stay on the sidelines and sniggle

Leave the decision-making to responsible people

Dumbass

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Offer a solution

Why? Because you ask? Who are you to me?

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Why? Because you ask?

Yep

The "people" have always spoken, and they have gotten what they deserve, which is the mess we have. The "people" have elected the officials; the "people" have not wanted to spend their time researching the issues: the "people" have allowed themselves to be manipulated and used.

What is your solution?

Who are you to me?

Just words typed on your monitor

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Democracy
    Stay on the sidelines and sniggle
    Leave the decision-making to responsible people
    Dumbass.....DarkSide

Besides being Rude.....Are you Frigg`n Retarded?

It`s my thread..DipShit!..

LOL!!..

If You don`t have the Courtesy to Answer someone from Another Country,in an Intelligent Manner..

When they ask about your Country's Politics..

Stay off "My Thread"..

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Outlaw,

What in the heck do you mean from another country,

Darkside fell off of that freakin' spaceship you spotted

Americans don't claim him as one of theirs

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Besides being Rude.....Are you Frigg`n Retarted?

It`s my thread..DipShit!..

LOL!!..

I'll post whatever and wherever I choose. Get it, Sniggles?

If You don`t have the Courtesy to Answer someone from Another Country,in an Intellegent Manner..

When they ask about your Countrys Politics..

Then stay off "My Thread"..

I'll post whatever and wherever I choose. Get it, Sniggles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKm5xQyD2vE

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey WasBlind..

I`m Canadian..

I`m trying to understand your USA Politics..

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Just words typed on your monitor

Yep! :)

For starters, the "people" could get off their asses and instead of watching hours of mind-numbing sit-coms, they could read substantive books written on substantive issues. They could perform objective research on their computers. They could volunteer and expand their social contacts and meet people who might be able to give them a perspective they wouldn't otherwise have.

In the '70s, political researchers did in-depth research into the "average" American, specifically with regards to foreign policy, and found out that they are not only uneducated about the issues but that they wanted to stay that way...apathy. They didn't want to read about it, they didn't want to do the work to understand it, etc. From that research developed a school of thought that reasoned...if the "average" American wasn't willing to do the work, then they needed to be manipulated into voting the way the elites desired, because the elites did care, did do the work, and therefore deserved the results.

Needless to say, this is not the civics stuff taught in high school. :) But the myth of the rational voter is just that, a myth.

I wish American's would take voting more seriously. But if they will not, then they have no right to complain about the situation in Washington. They created the "Washington" they so deride.

When you see politicians screaming, yelling, attacking and manipulating information, it is because it works. They are simply actors reflecting back what the public wants in this Jerry-Springer society we have.

I will not post on this thread again. I really must be back to studying and preparing for a Moot Court Honor Board competition in nine days. I'm really stressed and this DB is my non-substantive diversion. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit