The Doctrine of Hell

by Yizuman 226 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Do you agree with Burntheships, that is the classic view ala Dante's Inferno

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

I don't think a real discussion about hell can take place with people who talk about it as if it is a hotdog roast.

• tec
    tec

ur spirits are do not end when our body dies. They can find their final destination in the source of light, which is their own source as well, or they can spend eternity in the outer darkness, where they can feed on their own love of evil forever, no different than Satan and the fallen angels who have also chosen this for themselves.

You must not believe that 99% of the world is going there then, as some fundies do. Certainly someone in a place who has never had the chance to learn about or truly accept Christ (considering the name many Christians have given Him), isn't necessarily a lover of evil.

Tammy

• Think About It
    Think About It

DD, Stephen- do either one of you want to address the issue of who created Hell and when.

Not to mention making sure hellfire would have an endless supply of fuel & oxygen to keep the flames from being extinguished, and somewhere to vent all the smoke. Also, inventing a fire that causes gruesome torment and pain to spirits who can evidently pass through material things. Of course Satan & the demons are there working for God doing the torturing, but the hellfire doesn't affect them.

Think About It

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I don't think a real discussion about hell can take place with people who talk about it as if it is a hotdog roast.

Exactly.

BTS

• designs
    designs

TAI_ Hey you're talkin bout my GOD!!!!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    DD, Chalam, PSac, and I may quibble about the details, but we all believe the Christian doctrine of Hell.
    There is a Hell, and it is horrible beyond words.

Burns has grabbed the correct and bitch slapped it silly !

:)

People and denominations have deabted the "details" of Hell for centuries, but not the existence of "A" Hell.

• dinah
    dinah

Days like this I really miss Priest.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    people who talk about it as if it is a hotdog roast

You mock the religion of JW and others. Why? Because the beliefs are absurd, in your opinion.

Many of us find Hell to be absurd. As such, we mock it.

• tec
    tec

People and denominations have deabted the "details" of Hell for centuries, but not the existence of "A" Hell.

People and denominations certainly debate its existence now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit