Broken Heart...

by brotherdan 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Dan,

Just so you know, generally the way it works is that the parent who gets legal custody of the children gets to determine their religious upbringing. So don't concede custody to your wife just to be a nice guy or you're conceding that your kids will be raised by the borg.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Dan,

One of the hardest things we can ever do, is to do the right thing.

Sometimes it hurts so much that deep down we think that maybe, just maybe, doing what is worng may be better.

I know, I've been there, but the fact is, we can only be true to oursevles and our children, that did NOT ask to come into thsi world, deserve parents that are happy AND that our true to themselves.

Things will get worse before they get better, but they will get better.

Love is the strength that moves mountains and it heals all and YOUR love for you Child is such a love and it will heal all.

You are in my prayers and I know that the Lord will strenghten you and His Love will strengthen your love even more.

Anything we can do, please let us know.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I am late to the thread, sorry BroDan.

Hang in there my friend. I'm so sorry that you are going through this yet some more. This proves further that they are a mind control cult. It's disgusting the amount of families this cult has torn apart.

on the tattoos. Glad you had a good time in Maui, I'll pm you in a bit about Hawaii.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Thanks for all the support, guys. Last night was a hard night. But I got through it and I'm back at work.

My wife has the victim complex right now and keeps saying that I am the one leaving her. I'm going nowhere though. If we get separated, it is her leaving me. I love my family with all of my heart, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let this organization tear it apart!

I spent the night praying and reading the Bible, and it really helped. I was able to fall into a peacefull sleep and woke up with a strengthened resolve to protect my family. It's going to be a tightwire act, but I am up for the challenge. I'll always be there for her and the kids, especially if/when they see what kind of organization they have been following.

Thank you so much for all the kind posts and pms. It means more to me than you guys probably will ever know. You are my only support, and that means a whole lot to me.

• tec
    tec

My wife has the victim complex right now and keeps saying that I am the one leaving her. I'm going nowhere though. If we get separated, it is her leaving me. I love my family with all of my heart, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let this organization tear it apart!

Good. Don't let her say that you left her. You're staying put! I'm so happy to know that you have strength and peace in Christ, to see you and your family through this.

Tammy

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I like your attitude BroDan! Keep it going! I'll drink a beer at tomorrow's happy hour for you.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Tomorrows happy hour?!? What about today! It's officially my first thursday without meeting!

• out4good3
    out4good3

Agreed...don't let her get comfortable with playing the victim card and accusing you of leaving her. That is standard WT projection of blame 101 designed to induce guilt and fear of seperation from God because of any decision made that conflicts with WT dogma.

Love and respect.......kill that victim complex with kindness and empathy for her feelings but I suggest you stand your ground.

It's the only way you'll avoid being a slave to the WT organization.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm doing that, out4good. I will be nothing but kind to her. I'll step it up in the "helping out" department. She will see that I will be a much BETTER husband when I'm not a JW anymore. That kind of guilt and stress is over in my life!

• watersprout
    watersprout

Just show her lots of love...Be the best husband you can possibly be...Show her that you have become a better husband and father now you are out the Borg.

I'm soo sorry you are going through this...My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit