Broken Heart...

by brotherdan 121 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hopefully she will reconsider. There's still hope for your marriage and family. Keep your chin up.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

So sorry to hear this brotherdan. (((((((hugs))))))))

• yknot
    yknot

I love ya Brother.....

BUT this is exactly why I suggested you 'FALL BACK'

You have had your say but played right into the WTS's hands.

You made her feel like she has to chose (WTS or apostate husband hell bent on robbing her and son of paradise).

Do not call her bluff....... you won't win.

This part of indoctrination is drilled hard into our female minds because we have a higher chance of having an UBM. You never stood a chance, it is an automatic trained response to let you go....(so don't take it personal-- fault yourself for not being more discerning and giving into rash comments in the midst of a heated disagreement)

IF YOU RESPOND TO THAT EMAIL......... you are going to have to find the very very very narrow road between compromise and self castration.

What road is that??? It is the one where you now have to give up more then you would have a few hours ago. ....... if you aren't willing to woo and pursue her (as you have now scared her and put her on the run) then file tomorrow. If you are going to try and clean up this mess you made then plan on making proposals of professional counseling and attending the meetings, leading the FWN (never ever ever ever give up your spiritual headship in your family) and desiring to 'want to believe again' via studying our history (her carrot- you get her reading this stuff and it will be hard for her to continue believing once you cross into mid-Knorr).

the ball is technically in your court...... and as a female I can tell you she wants to see you crawl! You either love her and want her or you don't there is no inbetweens here you will not set this right without eating crow and humble pie.

I love yall and am praying you 'do the right thing' ......which as usual ain't the one that gives you immediate satisfaction!

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

You're welcome, it's the least I can do at this moment and "over the ether", you know? Oh, and a newborn at that! Sorry for my oversight. What a neat thing to do, to have their names tattoed on your back!

I'm sure you did absolutely everything right...for them and to meet the rules and procedures of the JWs. You have sacrificed; you have supported her; you have given and not much has come back. That's the utter sadness to this (amongst other sadnesses). I'm not trying to bash her, but while I hear her broken-heart, I don't hear her listening to you anymore and that's not good. Perhaps I'm misreading things and really, I just want to be supportive. I fear the path that you are being sent on may not be pretty. This was not your choice. And yes - losing them to a cult is a possibility, but being an optimist at heart, perhaps not. At least you recognize it as a cult and have been trying to 'do the right thing' by getting them out. (Ugh, RTA - again with the trite words. It's times like these that I wish I had a magic wand to make things all better) :(

I can only hope and pray that one day she will "see"...

Please take care; we're all here for you.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Some time apart could be a good thing. She can soberly think about the consequences that her decisions will have on her and your children. Adults have to make difficult decisions.

• yknot
    yknot

dang I sounded awful harsh....

I AM SORRY .......

Love and hugs to you and your family during this terrible tribulation.....

(don't let the WTS win, if she could see and discern for herself she would ask you not to abandon her)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It was harsh, Yknot...but tough love is a good thing sometimes.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I don't see anything here.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm using firefox...and I can see it all fine. Is anyone using IE here?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Wow. Can't imagine what this must be like.

I agree with LWT. If she still loves you still and she knows you're a good father (difference in faith aside), some time away could make a big difference. She might realize that she needs to reevaluate this whole thing before making a rash decision.

Like others have said, don't give up. Make sure she never has any reason to wonder if your family is truly your priority. Emphasize regularly that you have the welfare of your kids in mind, which makes your crisis of conscience even stronger.

Best wishes to you and your family, Dan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit