Broken Heart...

by brotherdan 121 Replies latest jw friends

• bez
    bez

Sorry to read all this Bro Dan.. its really so WRONG!

Do you think that your wife is using the religion as an excuse to seperate in some strange sort of attempt to get sympathy from her fellow believers? I would not like to judge but with you saying she actually is not neccisarily a strong jw, it all seems a little bit odd.. unless she is thinking this is an out and out attack from satan and she is goin to jump in now to the org wi her whole soul!

And if that is the case, she will regret it after a couple of weeks for sure, cus any sympathy and encouragement she was expecting to get wont last that long.. She is the one making a huge mistake.. this will go one of two ways.. she will wake up and wonder what the hell she is doing and make an effort in her marriage rather than continuing to make an effort in a 'cult' that is so wrong.. or she will remain firm in her decision and almost certainly regret it later...

My thoughts and prayers are with you bro Dan :(

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

BroDan,

Your whole world must be spinning right now. Make sure you look after yourself and get as must rest as you can. Your wife said she was feeling ill from it all and I'm sure you're the same. No sleep won't help right now - do what you can to get some. Really sorry for what you're going through.

mmxiv

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry. I hope for some sort of reconcilliation but you should prepare for the worst. Get some legal advice asap. Check Freeminds about child custody as well as Witness Inc.

There have been a few divorce cases over the years where the jw got to control the 'religious' aspect of the childs upbringing because the non or ex jw had no religious leanings. Should an ex or non jw go to church just to keep the kids out of the clutches of this dangerous cult? That is something you need to think of and get legal help for. Blood issue as well. Lots of crappy stuff to ponder about the future of your innocent children. I wish the best for all of you.

• Mary
    Mary
    Scully said: The only reason JWs are unsuccessful at inter-faith marriage is because their Governing Body requires JWs to create as much conflict as possible. There can be no compromise with Watchtower-ism. My way or the highway.......Now, it's the JWs doing the oppressing, making demands, offering no concessions, terrorizing the other spouse with threats of separation, divorce, child custody battles, alienation of affection on the part of the JW spouse and their children, etc. with the complete backing of the WTS and its legal henchmen.

Amen Scully. This summarizes the exact scenario of people like brotherdan, sd-7, gumby and god knows how many others. Their spouses are taught to 'put the Organization Jehovah first, even if it ruins your marriage'. There can be absolutely no compromise whatsoever. If you join another church, there is no chance in hell that your JW spouse is allowed to go with you or even respect your decision, yet you're supposed respect their decision to treat you like a second class citizen the second you either question the Organization or stop going to the meetings. They will try preaching to you and expect you to respect that and listen to them, but the second you try telling them why you no longer believe it, the mental block goes up, the glazed eye look takes over as they say "I don't want to talk about that!" or "I don't want to hear any of your apostate talk!"

Years ago, Witnesses were still strongly encouraged to stick with their mates, even if they were unbelieving. However, that's changed dramatically and even though there's no scriptural basis for it, Witnesses are more or less encouraged to dump their spouse if they leave the Borg, even if their 'apostate' spouse is willing to keep their views more or less to themselves. The experience that Gumby recently posted about some brain-dead sister at the ASSembly who proudly dumped her 'apostate husband' met with thunderous applause and approval from a roomful of zombies. It's just sick.

Brotherdan, do not take the blame for this. Your wife is the one who mentioned seperation, not you. Since you are not trying to force your beliefs on her, she has no scriptural grounds even for a seperation. You mentioned earlier that your wife is not really 'strong in the Troof'. My experience has been that quite often, those who are not really 'strong' are the most stubborn and unreasonable when it comes to 'apostacy'. I think they believe that if they take such a strong stand against it, that it somehow makes them feel more 'spiritual', making up for their 'weaknesses' when it comes to this religion and that Jehovah will 'bless their efforts'.

If your wife truly wants a seperation over this, she clearly hasn't thought things through. Does she work outside the home or will she expect you to support her (just until you're murdered by Jehovah at Armageddon). Does she realize that even if she finds another Dub, she will not be allowed to marry him unless one of you commits adultery? Is she prepared to be this much of a martyr and destroy your family life all because you don't believe everything she does?

No one can say exactly what you should do as every situation is different. But I would certainly not make it easy for her. If she wants a seperation because she's so worried about her 'spirituality', then let her move out. Believe me---after a month or so on her own, she just might see things in a different light. Most Witness women are not educated and depend on a man to support them emotionally, physically and financially. If you do all the pleading, that just gives her the upper hand and she'll end up making far more demands of you while being unwilling to bend herself on anything.

Keep us posted.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Dan, you have a PM from me.

• Libelle
    Libelle

Oh Dan, I'm so sorry, your pain about this is palpable.

FWIW, and I don't know if this is any hope or not. The Mr and I have had the maybe we should separate talk a few times now (instigated by me, though, the non-JW, he has told me he will never be the instigator of us splitting - at least not directly), and we're still together. Maybe she was just in a place, in that moment, that it seemed it's time to end it. Give her time... It's possible she will come around.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((BrotherDan)))))))

Couldn't open the first page either, but I can imagine.

So sorry.

Hang in there.

Syl

• undercover
    undercover

Just saw this, BD...

I feel for you, it sucks what this fucking religion can do to people. Another marriage in jeopardy because of those bastards in Brooklyn.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

brotherdan

Like snowbird, I can't see the first page of this thread. I'd just like to tell you my heart goes out to you in this time of trial.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ditto on the first page, can't see it. But ditto on the feeling for you. We're here if you want to talk. PM if you want my number.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit