Broken Heart...

by brotherdan 121 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    somewhere between agnosticism and atheism

sd-7 - Totally agree with you. Do you know what is between "fundamentalism" and "atheism"? Christianity.

If you read "In Search of Christian Freedom" by Ray Franz, that is ALL he describes. I think I would feel ok going to a baptist church, an anglican church, a catholic church, or a lutheran church. There are Christians everywhere. There are false Christians everywhere. That is why there is no scripture that says, "True Christians belong to the Jehovah's Witness organization." No. Jesus is the head of the man. Notice that the "congregation" or more accurately translated "Church" is not the head of a man. It is JESUS himself. We answer to HIM.

I've got some great parts of the bible for you to read if you want to see this first hand. It's SO clear after reading it without the WT goggles. Not that I have alot of experience. But I LOVE it.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Why can't I be REAL friends with you guys?!?!? I HATE it! I need friends like all of you. I hope we can meet one day."

Well, Bro Dan, PM around... You might find that some of us are only a car drive away...

I'll go first... I live in Denver, Colorado.

By the way, I assume you still want my little library?? I PM'd you about it; I think you could use it - and do more good with it - than I can...

Zid

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Oh yeah, I'll PM you back.

I have a good friend in Denver!!!!

We are so meeting up next time! Don't you have a husband in the org or something? I forget your story...sorry, I'm lame.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "She will see that I will be a much BETTER husband when I'm not a JW anymore. That kind of guilt and stress is over in my life! ..."

Good idea, Brother Dan, and I have a crazy suggestion...

Why not cook dinner for her, on meeting nights?? I've been thinking that she needs some good, solid, healthy food right now; people nowadays tend to live on junk food and it does affect mental processes...

Get a good, healthy meal in her tummy, and see if that lifts her mood.

Zid

(OH!! You live in Arizona??? Crap, that's just a road trip from Colorado!!! Road trip!! Road trip!! Road trip!! Road trip!! Road trip!! In other words, I might be able to drive those books out to you - but, from the sound of TD's library, he's in posession of a much finer one than mine!!)

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I really thought Grandma Jones and Hadit's posts were wise advice. It is very premature to get a lawyer. Your wife is emotional right now. That's not a good time to make life decisions. You can't stop her from moving out, but do nothing yourself to initiate or help with the process. Almost no one ever gets back together after a trial separation. Also, consulting a lawyer will do nothing to solve your marriage problems. Lawyers are for divorces and you don't want that. They only make the process more adversarial. There is time enough to consult a lawyer about joint custody, if and when you're wife moves out. It would be better to work out that agreement with her though, IF it comes to that. It will save you a fortune.

Your own strategy of being a good husband and father and telling your wife you love her and your family is your only hope to save your marriage right now. Oh, and what Hadit said: Stop talking about religion with her! It's not going to help. Calm is contagious. You be calm and rational, and she might just settle down and become rational also.

Listen to Grandma!!

• TD
    TD
    Why not cook dinner for her, on meeting nights??

JW's have their hangups, but there's much worse things that can happen in a marriage than swaying opinion with kindness.

• ziddina
    ziddina

(Whoops... Didn't see your previous post... Running around trying to cook and herd cats - literally - while I type on the computer - I have a REALLY slow computer...) [EDITED] - cook FOOD and herd cats - I'm not going to cook the poor critters and then try to herd them...

Anyhoo...

Nope. Hubby isn't in the religion; he's pretty much agnostic or even atheist, like me, but we fight like cats and dogs anyway...

I was beaten into the religion by my manic-depressive parents; since I was bullied into the religion, I secretly wanted NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Especially after becoming fascinated by volcanoes at the age of 7 - 8, and then they read Exodus 19: 16-19 from the podium... I wasn't interested in the bible at all, after that... But the beatings - literally - continued, and the negative effects of the bullying meant that I didn't actually get 'out' until I was in my early 30's...

So!! I can pm you my cell phone #, if you would like???? Mind you, I don't like cell phones, and keep it turned off unless I'm away from home, but I could leave it on to catch your call....

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Brother Dan, you have a PM, and my cell phone is turned on and in my hip pocket. I would guess that you're dealing with a home situation right now; perhaps cooking dinner???

Zid

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Nope. Hubby isn't in the religion; he's pretty much agnostic or even atheist, like me, but we fight like cats and dogs anyway...

Bullseye.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Jan 2011 Kool Aid WT, page 14

9 Jehovah told Adam: “A man will leave
    his father and his mother and he must stick
    to his wife.” (Gen. 2:24) What does that
    mean? Former ties to friends and relatives
    have to be adjusted. Each mate must first
    give the other his or her time and attention.
    Friends and relatives can no longer take priority
    at the expense of the new family; nor
    should the couple allow parents to interfere
    in family decisions or disagreements. The
    couple must now stick to each other. That is
    God’s direction.

And that is straight from Jehovah via the GB, FDS, God's channel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit