*Grace* According to JW's. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

by Lily Pie 272 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Caliper!!..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• designs
    designs

So why did the followers of 'Grace' , theologically actual grace and sanctifying grace, lead to some of the most horrific inhumane acts against humans by these Grace filled Christians over the past 1800 years.

What is the underlying flaw in the philosophy of Grace and the construct of a Supreme Being who issues it or does not. Take the philosophy of Grace in reverse, if a person rejects this notion and the religious and spiritual attachments what does your Supreme Being then do.

Put your thinking caps on........

Reference: How are Evangelical Fundamentalists and Witnesses joined at the Hip

• debator
    debator

As was shown earlier scholar sources outside of the witnesses are quite happy wih the usage of "undeserved kindness" which is just another way of saying "unmerited favour". Both show there is nothing we can do to gain the amazing gift God gives us which is the point of the Greek word "charis" that we are debating.

If you gave the average person off the street these three English choices mentioned. They would have a greater chance of understanding the concept involved from "undeserved Kindness" IMO than the outdated, old-fashioned "Grace" and the unused "unmerited Favour".

Jesus's sacrifice meant his father God could give us something we could never earn for ourselves and Jehovah doing this kindness, gift, favour is beyond anything we could imagine.

No English words are in the Bible so we have to translate with as much acccuracy as possible but also we translate with a view to the understanding of the reader. Old-English words unused or evolved into quite different in meanings ouside of the bible lead to wrong understanding.

I think it is good for lily to see that the Bias of some on here means they take an apposing opinion against witnesses on an topic simply out of habit and despite scholar opinion being against them.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think it is good for lily to see that the Bias of some on here means they take an apposing opinion against witnesses on an topic simply out of habit and despite scholar opinion being against them.

Ya, it's good for Lily to see how twisted the doctrine of the bOrg really is on this matter.

Good job Debator!
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Still no comment by debator about the lack of works by the criminal in Luke 23.

• caliber
    caliber

They would have a greater chance of understanding the concept involved from "undeserved Kindness" IMO than the outdated, old-fashioned "Grace" and the unused "unmerited Favour".

I think the word "Grace " gives it a uniqueness which it deserves !!

Has the FDS decide that the word grace is archaic ?

Here is a thought from another site thread The word 'grace' to me represents something given with pleasure, enjoyment, delight, and happiness, while the term 'undeserved kindness' implies to me something given with indisposition, displeasure, reluctance, and unwillingness

Read more: Why did the translators of the NWT choose to use the term "Undeserved Kindness" instead of "Grace" in their biblical translation? Do these words mean the same thing to you? | Answerbaghttp://www.answerbag.com/q_view/318157#ixzz12HUiI68T
  • designs
    designs

Caliber-

The Society under presidents Rutherford, Knorr, and Franz made a whole religion out of using different terminology.

Now do you and the other Protestants and Evangelicals want to try deconstructing and critiquing your philosophy on Grace. If 'Undeserved Kindness' has flaws then what are the flaws in 'Grace'.

• caliber
    caliber

designs I am confused , I favour the word grace ????? I am quoting another person above in the quote box .

I am not critical of the word grace whatsoever !!

• designs
    designs

Caliber, yes I know you and others favor the word Grace (CHARIS). As an assignment, think of it as a college philosophy course, critique and deconstruct the Grace philosophy top down and in reverse.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Debator/Reniaa..

Lily Pie seem s intelligent enough to see,your a total Whack-O..The only definition you accept,is a WBT$ definition..

Why?..Your not a Jehovah`s Witness..

And..

A repected poster..

Deputy Dog makes a very valid point you refuse to acknowlege..

........................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit