*Grace* According to JW's. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

by Lily Pie 272 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You said it Sylvia.

• debator
    debator

Please look up the meanings of Unmerited and favour.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Let me put it to you this way:

Undeserved kindness is NOT something taught by Christ since Christ taught that ALL DESERVED kindness.

• caliber
    caliber

The Jw belief is bacically that "perfection " pays for sin. It's only at the final judgment that sin is off our backs .... that the preaching work is everything !

Curtains

and I think the word charity comes from charis/grace. Charity is given to people not because they are undeserving but because the giver wants to be generous and lovin

"Of course these very acts are acts that Grace "compells" people to perform for no other reason that out of love."

'

) James 2:17
    You fool! Do you have to be shown that faith which does nothing is useless

Not once in the book of James is the "preaching work" mentioned but rather this..

James 2:14-17

14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is withoutclothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not

accompanied by action, is dead

Grace that exists in man is "love in action " towards needs of our fellowman

Matthew:25:34-36,40

"Then shall the King say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye Blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." 35 "For I was hungry, and you gave Me to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave Me to drink: I was a stranger, and you took Me in."36 "Naked, and you covered Me: sick, and you visited Me: I was in prison, and you came to Me." 40 "And the King answering shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these My least brethren, you did it to Me."

I love Snowbird's thought with close regard for what JW's call "grace " ..

"I left because the WT has usurped the position of Jesus Christ, and subverted the grace of the Father "

Faith and Deeds

• snowbird
    snowbird

Unmerited means there's nothing you or I can do to earn God's favor - it is FREE!

Sheesh, Debater.

You're beginning to get on my nerves!

Syl

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

and have toenail fungus.

You know they got laser treatment for that now. Just sayin...

• caliber
    caliber

Unmerited means there's nothing you or I can do to earn God's favor - it is FREE!

Sheesh, Debater.
    You're beginning to get on my nerves!
    Syl

Syl it would appear the WT prefers definition two !!

unmerited -
    1 . not merited or deserved; "received an unmerited honorary degree"
    2. - not merited; "unmerited treatment of a potentially fine subject"'
    lacking in value or merit; "dispel a student whose conduct is deemed unworthy"; "unworthy of forgiveness

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Debator/Reniaa..

As usual you are a Blatent LIAR..

Not only is the Word Grace well defined ..

There are over 10 frigg`n pages of links on the Internet, for the definition of Grace..

This is just from one from many,many links..

grace (grs)

n. 1. Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion. 2. A characteristic or quality pleasing for its charm or refinement. 3. A sense of fitness or propriety. 4. a. A disposition to be generous or helpful; goodwill. b. Mercy; clemency. 5. A favor rendered by one who need not do so; indulgence. 6. A temporary immunity or exemption; a reprieve. 7. GracesGreek & Roman Mythology Three sister goddesses, known in Greek mythology as Aglaia, Euphrosyne, and Thalia, who dispense charm and beauty. 8. a. Divine love and protection bestowed freely on people. b. The state of being protected or sanctified by the favor of God. c. An excellence or power granted by God. 9. A short prayer of blessing or thanksgiving said before or after a meal. 10. Grace Used with His, Her, or Your as a title and form of address for a duke, duchess, or archbishop. 11. Music An appoggiatura, trill, or other musical ornanment in the music of 16th and 17th century England. tr.v.graced, grac·ing, grac·es 1. To honor or favor: You grace our table with your presence. 2. To give beauty, elegance, or charm to. 3. Music To embellish with grace notes.

Idioms:

in the bad graces of Out of favor with. in the good graces of In favor with. with bad grace In a grudging manner. with good grace In a willing manner.

Please look up the meanings of Unmerited and favour.....debator/Reniaa

How about if you look up.. "I`m too stupid to know when to shut up, even when I`m consistantly caught in LIES..So I keep yakking".. ........................... ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Double Post.. Although I should have left it.. One for each board name that shares Debator/Reniaa`s one Brain Cell.. ........................... ...OUTLAW

• caliber
    caliber

Say Outlaw I think you miscounted .. I counted 20 friggin pages !!!! ha ha ha ha !! LOL 10 friggin plus 10 friggin = 20

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit