*Grace* According to JW's. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

by Lily Pie 272 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    ALL can be saved.

Or all will be saved?

If it's all can be saved, what condition do you put on God's Grace?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

CAN be saved.

God's grace is a gift and like any gift, it must be received.

Not sure if that is a "condition" per say but God doesn't force His Grace on Us.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PSac

... it must be received.

Looks like a work and a condition.

Not sure if that is a "condition" per say but God doesn't force His Grace on Us.

Ah, I see. So what happens when babies die, do they go to heaven?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

When ANYONE dies their spirit goes back to God, so yes, when ANYONE dies their spirit goes back to heaven.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    When ANYONE dies their spirit goes back to God, so yes, when ANYONE dies their spirit goes back to heaven.

So all will be saved.

I'm asking if babies are saved (recieve God's grace) when they die.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I'm asking if babies are saved (recieve God's grace) when they die.

If I understand you correctly, you are asking if Grace is something that has to be received, how can a baby receive God's grace since they are only a baby, right?

Of course there are those that beleive all that is preordained ( I think you are one, no?) so it becomes quite irrelevant as does God's gift of Grace since it isn't for all and only for those "preselected" then all this and all the preaching in the world won't make any difference to anyone because God has already preordained who is to come to him and who is not.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Psac

Well, since a baby can't reject it I woudl think that it's a moot point, those that CAN reject and choose to, that is a different matter.

So grace gets FORCED on babies, but everyone else gets a choice?

You are the one that brought up forced grace, not me. I don't believe I'm forced to recieve grace, it's already mine. I do thank him for it though.

...all the preaching in the world won't make any difference to anyone because God has already preordained who is to coem to him and who is not.

I don't know why you preach. I preach because God tells me to, that makes the difference for me. What comes of it is God's busness.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Psac

...those that CAN reject and choose to, that is a different matter.

That looks like JW theology. Be carefull who you preach to.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

The reason I deleted that part from my post is because it didn't convey what I wanted to say.

Grace is something that God gives Us all, we don't have to work for it or do anything to DESERVE it because there is nothing we CAN do to deserve it, BUT we must receive it ( I really don't know what other word to use) like any other gift and we are free to reject it, as I am sure many have and many will do, but it is still there.

We are basically born with it, for lack of a better way of putting it, nevertheless, as we get older and we question and we choose to do good or bad, to accept God or not ( and yes I know that some think there is no choice because we are preordained), that gift is always there, but like any other gift when left "unopened", it doesn't do the "job" it is suppose to.

Grace is the gift OF God, not from God.

I don't preach to anyone, I state an opinion and nothing more, I speak on no authority and ask no one to believe or agree with me.

But Jesus did preach and so did his apostles and those after them, which if those that find God and come to God are already preordained to do so, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

On a side note, I am wondering if anyone has noticed the "humanist cap" I have been trying on in a few threads.

It was a challenge by a friend to see religion and the bible from the eyes of a skeptic and humanist, though I am not 100% sure what a humanist is, LOL !

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

PSacramento: If you dont mind me asking, what type of catholic are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit