Strange statement in last week's study article

by civicsi00 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

There was a strange statement in last week's study article. Well, let's be honest: There were plenty of strange statements! But one in particular bothered me. First, the quote, from paragraph 9:

"As a perfect human, Jesus could have concluded that he, like Adam, had the potential for fathering a perfect race. However, Jesus never desired such a future because it was not Jehovah's will for him."

First of all, stating that Jesus "could have concluded" anything is outright idiocy. Why can't WT writers simply stick to what's written in the Bible? Why do they have to come up with some random BS? Plus.. how could he "father a perfect race" without a "perfect" wife?! More than anything, he would have fathered a nephilim-type race, considering the WT teaches that he is Michael the Archangel and the WT also teaches that it was angels that had sex with women in Noah's day. So, again, how could he have "fathered a perfect race"?

I really think this statement is more about temptation than anything else. In parallel, many JW's desire to father some "imperfect" children and the WT discourages this. They're trying to guilt the flock even further by trying to bring Jesus into the picture and say that "he could have" done so many things but never did any of them. As a matter of fact, I remember hearing older ones, my parents even, in the congregation talking about how Jesus "could have" established "modern medicine" if he had desired back then because he knew humans so well, having built them and all. As always, keep the flock in line and don't let them try anything on their own.

Any thoughts out there about what the WT meant by this statement in the WT article?

• cantleave
    cantleave

It takes two sets of genes to make a person. If one set is perfect and the other imperfect, the offspring could never be perfect.

Another bunch of Baloney brought to you by the WTS.

• designs
    designs

Civic...all you need are Miracles.............suspend all logic when you can throw in miracles

Who do, voodoo...

• Think About It
    Think About It

Haven't read a Watchtower in 15 yrs. The WTS is so full of itself. They think their self-proclaimed status as God's Channel on Earth gives them special knowledge & insight into the "deep things of God". Fact is, they love to surmise on things and use mind control to keep people in line. Not knowing the study article title or what else is in the article, reading between the lines I could see the WTS telling the JW's, Jesus kept God's will & Kingdom interests first, so do no have a normal life that involves having your own family that could take away time, money & devotion to the WTS.

Think About It

• bohm
    bohm

The elder i study with has pointed out a few times that perfect+imperfect = perfect. Though i cant remember where he got it from. I think it was from Holy Spirit (perfect) + Mary (imperfect) = Jesus (perfect).

"Jesus could have concluded"

Oh i love the watchtower. Good find!

• booby
    booby

Jesus could have masturbated but didn't cause his dad didn't approve and he "Jesus" knew daddy was watchin.

• designs
    designs

Super Sperm!!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Evidently the Watchtower can know what some might have concluded 2000 years ago.

• wasblind
    wasblind

"As a perfect human, Jesus could have concluded that he, like Adam, had the potential for fathering a perfect race. However, Jesus never desired such a future because it was not Jehovah's will for him."

Ain't this the same religion that say:

"Jehovah Wtinesses do not make it a practice to express their own opinion on matters, but strickly adhere to the Bible."

• designs
    designs

Wasblind- He who controls the typewriter wins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit