Strange statement in last week's study article

by civicsi00 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• debator
    debator

Bear in mind that Jesus was the son of Mary a human and imperfect woman and inherited no imperfection off her. So the principle is there in the Bible that if he went on to marry his children would inherit his perfection despite having an imperfect mother.

People get so focussed on heaven they forget that what we have as Humans is seen as "good". Indeed enough to tempt angels to come down to earth and take wifes, making nethilim children. As an actual flesh and blood perfect man on earth. Jesus could have asked to continue living as a perfect man and create his own nation of perfect human children to populate the earth. Instead he give up his chance of being on earth as a man forever. Thankfully for us.

You are all assuming perfection or imperfection is genetic material? But if it is something more? That if you have perfection in you, it can "cure" imperfection it wouldn't matter which of the parents carried the "perfection" the imperfection would always be cured by it. Literally a situation were you couldn't have both and one always trumps the other. Perfection always overides imperfection. As long as you get it from one of your parents

Genetically we often see the scenario that to get a damaging genetic illness both parents have to be the carriers.

Bear in mind that Perfection being passed on, is based on One man's sacrifice and thus passed on to us and so the principle that perfection from one person can overide imperfection in others is already there. This could also cover passing on perfection to a wife if he married her.

• isaacaustin
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa/Debator said:

Bear in mind that Jesus was the son of Mary a human and imperfect woman and inherited no imperfection off her. So the principle is there in the Bible that if he went on to marry his children would inherit his perfection despite having an imperfect mother.

People get so focussed on heaven they forget that what we have as Humans is seen as "good". Indeed enough to tempt angels to come down to earth and take wifes, making nethilim children. As an actual flesh and blood perfect man on earth. Jesus could have asked for live as a perfect man and create his own nation of perfect human children to populate the earth. Instead he give up his chance of being on earth as a man forever. Thankfuly for us.

My reply: You weak attempts to defend JW tales spun with the goal of making the moral to the story giving up everything for the org are laughable. Reminds me of the Jeremiah book recently released where, in speaking of the false prophet Hananiah, the book says that he became vilently angry and compared this to how JWs should use discernment to those opposed to the Wt message. Hananiah did not become violently angry, he simply broke the yoke off Jeremiah's neck as a sign.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Indeed enough to tempt angels to come down to earth and take wifes, making nethilim children.

It kinda blows my mind that some people still believe this and at the same time say that Greek and Roman mythology is pure imagination gone wild...

• debator
    debator

Like I said the Bible principle is that you only need one person (not 2) to pass on perfection!

And that perfection overcomes imperfection everytime but also that perfection cannot come from imperfection it needs One perfect source to be overcome (whether it be through birth, sacrifice or reward).

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Sounds like a sentence in the WT.

• sd-7
    sd-7

So if perfection is only needed in one half of things, if Adam hadn't eaten the fruit, and instead had just knocked Eve up, would the child have been perfect? To even be debating these issues is actually kind of silly, but if we're going to, might as well go for it.

Since the JW belief is that God didn't frak Mary and knock her up, I'll have to postulate that holy spirit acted as a deflector shield against imperfection while simultaneously transferring Jesus' life into Mary's womb. So that was kind of a very unique case. I don't see how Jesus could have fathered a perfect race; wouldn't he be guilty of the same crime the angels were and have his perfection revoked, thus resulting in hybrid kids that could knock people down? I always figured that having sex with a human would have violated his mission here, which was to die for everyone. Eunuch for the sake of the kingdom and all that.

But hey, I'm just an evil apostate who has rejected spiritual light; what the f*** do I know?

-sd-7

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This statement is like some of those beliefs of the Mormons and Moonies.

• undercover
    undercover
    It kinda blows my mind that some people still believe this and at the same time say that Greek and Roman mythology is pure imagination gone wild...

I've always liked the Greek/Roman mythology analogy.

When we studied ancient Greek and Roman culture in school, we learned about their mythological gods and beliefs and we wondered, "where did they get all those crazy ideas from?"... yet most people don't question their own mythological gods and crazy beliefs.

Just as we learned about Greek/Roman mythology, one day a couple of thousand years from now, some kids are going to be sitting in class learning about the mythological Jehovah/Yahweh, his godson, Jesus and his human virgin mother Mary. And those kids will say, "Where did they get all those crazy ideas from?"

• ziddina
    ziddina

PsssT!! St. George!!!

"What makes you think the GB is any more informed? In fact I thought that is who you were talking about at first!!.... George "

LOLOLOL!!!!

As for THIS comment:

"So the principle is there in the Bible that if he went on to marry his children would inherit his perfection despite having an imperfect mother. ..."

Yeah, there's that ignorant, backwards Middle-Eastern MALE mentality, again...

Might as well be getting "holy" writings from Osama Bin Laden or the Taliban males....

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit