Strange statement in last week's study article

by civicsi00 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL designs, you are so right

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Jesus, being infinitely intelligent, creates a time machine a la Back to the future, with Delorean car, flux capacitor etc. Jesus then whizzes back 5,900 years or so (he should know) forces Eve into the cool car, whizzes forward to Judea, does the nasty on the back seat of the delorean, waits 9 months, Eve has baby, jesus whizzes Eve back to Eden, tells her she's got an appointment with a snake. Jesus then goes forward in time to Judea, waits for the baby to reach puberty, lures her into the back of the Delorean, and hey presto! The WatchTower is right, and Jehovah has egg on his face.

He COULD have fathered a perfect race. The writing committee obviously thought this one through.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Your right Oldlight, that's some newshite

• TD
    TD

JW's believe that sin (i.e. imperfection) is inherited from the male side based on a very literal reading of Romans 5:12

It's probably been awhile since this was openly stated.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones
    "Jesus could have masturbated but didn't cause his dad didn't approve and he "Jesus" knew daddy was watchin"

I would have to disagree with the idea of this, but not of the WT interpretation. If you go by the bible and nothing else, then you will see that it condemns certain types of sexual behavior including beastiality, but makes NO MENTION of masturbation. Obviously the scriptures are not so prissy as to descriptions as to reason that "masturbation" is not discussed but beastiality can be. I always told my children that the WT is nuts on that subject, and that it is normal human behaviour, and the lack of discussion of it in the bible is proof of that. I did suggest to them however, that I'd prefer they did this privately, and in their own rooms. (That's true, but funny, don't you think?)

• Gregor
    Gregor

"Could have started a perfect race..." This is comic book level speculation. The Watchtower is grasping and getting away with it because in one hand they are holding a big cartoon mallet behind their back while with the other they hand out this kind of "spiritual food in due season". If anybody chokes or refuses to swallow, WHAM!

Since a huge chunk ( teens through 20's) of Jesus of Nazareths life is summed up by nothing more than saying "he was a carpenter", then who knows whether he was a virgin or not when he was executed in his early thirties. He may have had children or at least lost his virginity. It makes more sense that he did than that he sawed and hammered every day except the sabbath when he went to synagogue and had zero normal life otherwise.

If he was anything like young hardworking carpenters of today he had a hot girlfriend, a badass pick up truck and a bass boat stocked with cold beer.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

oOOps....I MEANT to say that I disagreed with the WT interpretation, and it sounds as if I agree with them. Typed too fast

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Bohm, are you studying with an elder?

• elderelite
    elderelite

As always TD is eloquent and correct. JW's have LONG taught that its all about the father and even refer, or at least used to ,to males as the "progenitor"

• elderelite
    elderelite

*double post*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit