Strange statement in last week's study article

by civicsi00 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

C,mon people, as idiotic as the Watchtower's (usual) reasoning is, it's no worse that the daft reasoning found in the Bible: Jesus' mother, Mary, was an "imperfect" human, yet she gave birth to this "perfect" man, explained away as "the virgin birth".

If you can swallow that Scriptural nonsense, you can swallow anything after that, including the same sort of twaddle written a couple of thousand years.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Repeated in today's WT study, Page 14, par 10 "Jesus thus had the potential for farthering a perfect human race. Instead however, he allowed God's enemies to put him to death......"

George

• Nick!
    Nick!

"As a perfect human, Jesus could have concluded that he, like Adam, had the potential for fathering a perfect race ... "

and the perfect race would have had an everlasting father, Jesus the Highlander , but a dead mother, his wife.

Or … else, Jesus would have had to keep on resurrecting grandma time and again and again and again (he knew the trick, I mean, he knew how to make miracles).

• booby
    booby

It seems the more they try to "teach" the flock the farther down their throat their foot goes. This article could be challenged in so many ways.

The Scriptures explain: "There is one God,
    and one mediator between God and men, a
    man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding
    ransomfor all."-1 Tim. 2:5, 6.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I can't believe they're resurrecting this old chestnut...I remember hearing this when I was a kid and it never made sense to me then. I can't believe anyone with half a brain will believe it now.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis
    If one set is perfect and the other imperfect, the offspring could never be perfect.

Then Mary was imperfect which meant Jesus was imperfect.... it always sounded like BS to me thank you cantleave glad someone else sees this.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    If one set is perfect and the other imperfect, the offspring could never be perfect.
    Then Mary was imperfect which meant Jesus was imperfect.... it always sounded like BS to me thank you cantleave glad someone else sees this.

I never thought about it that way. I thought Mary was Jesus' surrogate mother.

lisa

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

What about the deaden your members verse? just curious...

• loosie
    loosie

Jesus into the picture and say that "he could have" done so many things but never did any of them

He could have said no to masturbastion as well but probably didn't.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis
    I thought Mary was Jesus' surrogate mother.

wouldn't her Genes be passed to him she was imperfect it was her Egg she was his mother... so.... imperfect+ perfect= Perfect Jesus???

Jesus Christ. I don't think so.... yes I was using the lords name in vain LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit