Strange statement in last week's study article

by civicsi00 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• debator
    debator

Hi TD

I think that The Bible principle concerning those that have perfection, is that it will last until they willfully do something that makes them imperfect.

So once the Angels came down to earth doing what was clearly forbidden to them, willfully they became imperfect and hense why their children (obviously imperfect because they could die) all died at the flood. These angels were then kept bound until judgement.

Jude 1:6 (New International Version)

6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Cameo: "Plus.. how could he "father a perfect race" without a "perfect" wife?!"

Well, I'm not sure exactly, but I think the Bible does state that that it would require "two witnesses"! Anybody wanna watch?

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

It's that Blind Faith again....

I like the points about the Nephilim..... Great POINT!!

And the Sacrifice thing again... Jesus DIDN'T STAY DEAD!!!!!!!! No Sacrifice!!! Adam will NEVER be alive again. So Neither should Jesus.

The story is SO Bogus!!

but fun to talk about!

• TD
    TD

In the "JW theobiology" comment, I accidently omitted what is probably the most succinct quote of all: (Facepalm....)

"Jesus as a perfect man could have had perfect children even though he might have married an imperfect wife. Why? Because perfection is determined by the father and not by the mother. This is proved in the case of the perfect father, Jehovah, using the imperfect mother, Mary, to bring forth the perfect male child Jesus. In this manner Jesus could have populated the entire earth with perfect humans in fulfillment of the symbol of Job’s ten children. In actuality, however, Jehovah God did not give Jesus a human earthly wife, but did give him what was equal to children. He gave him "children" in the form of faithful disciples, loyal footstep followers, whom he could teach and take care of, just as an earthly father does his children." (The Watchtower September 1, 1966 pp. 533,534)

To my knowledge, this idea has never been repudiated and repeating the idea that Jesus could have fathered "perfect" children with an "imperfect" wife is arguably a repetition of it.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

TD: Thanks for clarifying with that quote from 1966! It seems the WT has not changed it's opinion on Jesus being able to somehow father "perfect" children! But I have a question for YOU: Did Jesus really have a beard when he was on Earth? And if so, does he have a "spiritual" beard now that he's a "spirit" creature up in the heavs?

Thanks everyone for the comments! I had no idea in which direction this topic was going to go, but I love it!

• moshe
    moshe
    "However, Jesus never desired such a future because it was not Jehovah's will for him."

What did Jesus do? Well, he came back and gave Col Sanders the secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices for KFC, that's what!

Thanks OutLaw!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit