Does The Name Really Matter?

by AGuest 189 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

The words from your Blues Brothers pic, brotha. And now you've made me laugh :)

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Twitch, I don't want to listen to no jive-ass preacher talking to me about Heaven and Hell.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Sister Mary Stigmata: [after chasing Jake and Elwood out of her office with a ruler for using foul language] You are such a disappointing pair. I prayed so hard for you. It saddens and hurts me that the two young men whom I raised to believe in the Ten Commandments have returned to me as two thieves, with filthy mouths and bad attitudes.
    [pauses and points at them]
    Sister Mary Stigmata: Get out, and don't come back until you've redeemed yourselves.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I am glad I could make someone laugh. and now I really am off to bed.

Night!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Jesus Prays for All Believers

What is a "believer", dear Chalam (peace to you!)? Better yet, WHO are the "believers"? The demons [bad spirits/devils] believe. Are they included? Does [Jesus] pray for them, too?

My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:

Who are the "them", dear one... and the "those" who "also" believe in him... through "their" message?

Blessings and unity in Christ,

Indeed! But one can never achieve the latter if one continues to follow man... rather than the Lamb... wherever he goes! Even an unknown land such as Canaan... to which Abraham followed him... or the "valley of the shadow of death"... which David referenced. If we insist on sticking to the FAMILIAR... to what we have come to now by means of our EYES [of flesh]... such as has been written by the false stylus of the scribes... we will not attain to such unity. For the blind... can only lead us, if WE are also blind... to the pit. Only Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... who IS the Fine Shepherd... can lead us... into ALL truth. Even truth we have never heard before... because those to whom we were entrusted never told it to us. Because we don't belong to them... so they never truly acknowledged [to themselves] any REAL obligation to do so. Again, peace to you! YOUR servant and a slave of Christ, SA
  • AGuest
    AGuest

"AGuest" really isn't arguing over the name of Christ, dear elderlite (peace to you!). Folks do NOT have to take my word for it, at all. They can take it... or leave it. Better yet... they can ask for themselves. In that light, I must say that I am surprised that none of the so-called "christians" (which supposedly means they are "sheep" and thus ALSO hear the voice of the Fine Shepherd... because that IS what the sheep do) who WISH to "argue" have stepped up to say, "Well, I asked HIM, and HE said..." Such ones won't even acknowledge... publicly... that they hear him at all. But I am not totally surprised. Simply calling oneself "anointed" does not make it so. JWs (and many others)... say it all the time... yet, they call on "Jehovah"... and pretty much disregard the Christ altogether, other than the "lip service" they pay him by saying, "I believe in Jeezus." They can't even articulate their anointing (which wasn't the case in the 1st century - WHY is it NOW??). Believing in "Jeezus" does not an anointing make. The demons believe... and even they know his name. Calling oneself "christian" also does not an anointed make. Many FALSE "christs" (anointed) AND false prophets will arise to mislead... IF possible... EVEN the chosen ones. And here, particularly the chosen ones... by insisting that such ones believe the teachings, doctrines, and traditions of MEN... over the SON OF GOD.

I am not misled, however. I do not serve the god of the Greeks. It is the God of the Hebrews... Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, (and thus, Israel, including the Jews)... that I serve. And it is HIS Son... the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... that I hear... and obey. It is the anointing from HIM... that teaches me. And so, I have to reject anyone... and anything... including all or parts of the Bible... that brings a DIFFERENT teaching.

Help a brotha out.

Oh, lawd... so now I gots 'ta start lookin' at'chu like you's a brutha, dear NVL (peace!)?? 'Fo realz?? Bona fide? Or iz ya'll jus' perpetratin'? Seriously...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Chalam
    Chalam

"I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message"

Indeed, that is a NIVism, NIV deduct two points

"message" here is logos and is probably more meaningfully rendered "word" IMHO.

John 17:20 (English Standard Version)

20 "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,

ESV receive on bonus point!

"Their word" is the word of their testimony for Jesus John 4:39, Romans 10:9, Revelation 12:11

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you, dear Chalam (peace to you!) for responding. Perhaps you misunderstood my question(s) though? I wasn't asking regarding the message/word. You stated that [Jesus] prays for all "believers." Which I absolutely do not dispute; he does. I asked:

1. What is a "believer"?

2. WHO is a "believer"?

3. Demons believe... does [Jesus] pray for them, too?

4. And who are the "them/those also" who believe based on such "believers" message/word?

Simple enough, yes? And not intended to offend or inflame. I'm just asking.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Inkie
    Inkie

NVL, you wrote: "There is no goddamn J sound in Hebrew, anytime you are using it, you are wrong."

Well, not as the "J" is pronounced in English today. I think THAT has been made abundantly clear. The letter "J" is of late Latin origin during the middle ages by the scribes of that time. And while I do not relish repeating myself, but I will, the letter "J" in the middle ages had the "Y" sound (or said another way, the double "ee" sound [as the double "e" in the word "geese"]. So, when combined with the vowel "a" you get "ee-ah" (Yah or, more accurately--Jah)--clear? The letter "J" is a legitimate usage in the spelling of the name of the Hebrew God.

These are facts and whether one believes in the God of the Hebrews or not is entirely irrelevant. The above are simply facts. But, just so you know, whether you care to know or not, I do worship Jah the Most Holy One of Israel. Hallelujah!

May Jah bless and the Christ shine upon you, NVL. This statement is a blessing and a kindness. I hope you recognize that.

--Inkie

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

And while I do not relish repeating myself, but I will, the letter "J" in the middle ages had the "Y" sound (or said another way, the double "ee" sound [as the double "e" in the word "geese"]. So, when combined with the vowel "a" you get "ee-ah" (Yah or, more accurately--Jah)--clear? The letter "J" is a legitimate usage in the spelling of the name of the Hebrew God.

The letter f also looked like as s long ago and old english was pronounced differently. In SOME cultures and languages the letter J has different sounds. In English it is 100% wrong. God told me so. So does history. In fact, the lett J didn't even exist until the 14th century or so, well after the middle ages, so it is mildly interesting how it had that pronunciation in them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit