Does The Name Really Matter?

by AGuest 189 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Is there anything more ironic than a bunch of ex JW's arguing over dogmatic issues that cant be proven?

In my case, no. Why? As someone on a mission from God, I direct you to my spokesman below.

• elderelite
    elderelite

no no NVL, I dont mean you, I mean aguest and the other "christians" arguing over the name. I fall into the same camp as you and OTWO.. but overall concept of ex JW's arguing over dogmatic issues instead of learining from the past.. well ironic may not cover it.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Jake: YES! YES! JESUS H. TAP-DANCING CHRIST... I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

no no NVL, I dont mean you, I mean aguest and the other "christians" arguing over the name.

I know, I just wanted to use that picture :) I noticed you can get it on a shirt now.

I thought I was being teh funnies :(

Well fuck you guys. I'm going home. Well, to play golf tomorrow and then to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. Close.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Twitch, you slide on down to to the Triple Rock and catch Reverend Cleophus Brown. Listen to what he's got to say.

• elderelite
    elderelite

oh it was funny, in fact i want one!

• tec
    tec

You know, my husband said the same thing to me once... shortly before he became an atheist. Just thought I'd share that. The pic made me think of it.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

oh it was funny, in fact i want one!

http://www.myteespot.com/Me-And-The-Lord-Have-An-Understanding-Blues-Brothers-Shee-T--p-14548.html

Ask and ye shall receive, my child. You have been shown the light. Oh, and the Lord also commands that thou shalt hate Illinois Nazis.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Reverend Cleophus James: And now, people... And now, people... When I woke up this mornin', I heard a distubin' sound. I said When I woke up this mornin', I heard a disturbin' sound! What I heard was the jingle-jangle of a thousand lost souls! I'm talkin' 'bout the souls of mortal men and women, departed from this life. Wait a minute! Those lost angry souls roamin' unseen on the earth, seekin' to find life they'll not find, because it's too late! Tooooo late, yeah! Too late for they'll never see again the life they choose not to follow. Alright! Alright! Don't be lost when your time comes! For the day of the Lord cometh as a thief in the night!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

You know, my husband said the same thing to me once... shortly before he became an atheist. Just thought I'd share that. The pic made me think of it.

To be fair, Tec, I say a lot of things. I can only begin to fathom what idiotic rambling of mine you could be referring to. Help a brotha out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit