Child beating

by Quillsky 110 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

well Farkel,

you have your way and I have mine, I didn't have to feed and clothes yours and you didn't have to feed and clothe mine

you also don't have to worry about mine breakin in your house or robbing you, or being abusive to you just becuase she

got a spanking growing up. People have different ways in rearing their children i'm not condeming yours. But I am not a

child abuser . That's whats wrong with kids today, no disipline, keep livin', before it's all said and done " Time Out " will

be considered abuse

In other ways, lets not talk about this, you can talk to your kids and I can hit them, mind your own business. and since my kids are not stealing from you that proves that physical discipline is good for kids. I define what child abuse. and to me hitting a small human being is not abuse..... can you imagine without hitting them the world would be bad. Hitting a child is the only type of discipline I know. there will be a time when loving words will be considered abuse............Give me a break.

BTY the reason TIME OUTS dont work for many is because they only use it to get rid of the problem, not to fix it. Instead of explaining and teaching the kid why what they did can bring them consequences, they send the kid to the corner to avoid dealing with the issue and with teaching the kids... that why kids do it again.. they gained nothing, no attention no education. And they kids goes to his room not really understading why....

Some people punish and call that discipline.

Let Jehovah punish, he loves that.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Cyberjesus, how many children do you have?

2..... that I know of :-)

That is why when I see a kid on the street Im always kind to them...... you never know :-)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Cyber, me and you COMPLETELY agree on this point. The training sticks FAR better when true communication is used and not simply the hitting method.

Let me make myself clear to the "spankers" of the group. I don't necessarily think that spanking is "child abuse". It can be. My qualm with spanking is that it teaches that hitting is ok when someone does something legitimately bad. It also is not the most effective way of training.

Cyber's technique of getting on one knee, looking your child in the eye, and talking to them is fantastic. If they still don't listen you take away their "currency". A childs currency changes through the years. When he is young it could be his favorite toy or teddy bear. When he's older it can be tv or video games. Simply taking things away does not work. You must explain why they are losing it, and WHAT THEY MUST DO to get it back.

IMO, THAT is the most effective.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    So a single pop to the rear constitutes a "beating" and "physical abuse"? That would mean I "beat" my wife occasionally when I walk into the kitchen and she's bent over getting something out of the fridge.

Well try correcting you wife and giving her some discipline and see what kind of look she gives you.

What a logic in your statement. you spank your wife to show her how much you want her or love her not to point out her faults.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Well skeeter, my daughter ain't whooped my ass yet, nor has she ever jumped up in my face,

but i'll be sure and let you know when she do. Ain't no shame to my game I can admitt when I'm wrong

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

the parents can't control the kid becuase the parent hasn't developed problem solving skills beyond mere physical force. And, now the physical force tables are tipped to the adolescent child's favor.

What happened with my husband was the abuse continued into his teen years and it got to the point where he had to defend himself because his mother was actually trying to kill him with a knife. My husband had to punch his own mother in the face and escape his grandmother's house without a stitch of clothing on save his underwear because his mother was going for her gun. That happened when he was 15.

I have a 16, 13, 10, and 7 year old. I've never got to the point where I felt I had to try and kill one of my kids no matter how angry they've made me. They might get a whole bunch of yelling but I'm not going to pull a knife on them. Like I said I don't if not rarely spank, don't have the time or patience for it but I don't take any lip from any of my kids. They know to mind their p's and q's with me and I did that without benefit of whoopins.

But let me say this, if any one of my kids gets in trouble with the law and it's really their fault, I'll be the first to kick their ass.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Brotherdan,

I thank you very much, for not insinuating that I lack intellect, in child rearing just because I don't spare the rod.

I think you have shown your point of view without being judgemental or condesending. even if we don't agree

on everything , I wish more posters had your class

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

JWs think that because they are "THEIR" kids they have the right to decide if they will take a transfussion or not. In other words they think THEY have the right to decide over their lives. See we treat them like they are our property. Well they arent.

Your children have the same rights than you, except they have made way less mistakes. If you want to punish someone punish yourself for not knowing, dont punish the kid. Discipline is no punishment, discipline is education.

Any form of crossing over someones rights is abuse.

Children are the most abused minority.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Josie,

I know what you mean

• wasblind
    wasblind

Cyberjesus

what do you mean, are your children with you or not,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest