Child beating

by Quillsky 110 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Some posters here still attend Jehovah's Witness meetings. My challenge to you is....

Next time you see a parent beating a human child in public at the Kingdom Hall, when there are two witnesses - you and one other - call 911 or the police, and report the parent by name, for child abuse.

• watersprout
    watersprout

The amount of children i saw beaten at the kingdom hall being hit, and one in particular having her dad whisper in her ear what he was going to do to her if she moved out of line...When these children were dragged out screaming begging their parent not to hurt them...When one little boy came in the kingdom hall with his dads ring imprinted on his face... I did NOTHING! I sat back and kept telling myself that it wasn't my place to get involved and Jehovah could see what was going on...What a self righteous ignorant person i was... I wish to God now i had phoned the police and reported these people...

Peace to all those children that were physically abused in that KH...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Often, it is not what you see. It's the "Just wait until we get home" that is the real abuse. The spankings given at the Kingdumb Hell are usually just a warm up for when they get home.

I would like to see someone come in with a video camera in their cell phone and physically record the spanking, and preferably the "Just wait until we get home". Then, use the phone to call the cops--if the hounders confiscate the phone, there will be two criminal charges--the abuse, and attempted theft of your phone. Plus, possibly tampering with evidence charges. They could set themselves up for big embarrassments.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

How do you define "beating"? I'm not questioning a smack to the face or torso and such, but where's the line between spanking and beating? My parents spanked me on the butt as a kid, many times with a belt, but I would NEVER consider them abusive. We had a great relationship. I felt very much loved my whole childhood. I wasn't afraid of them but I sure didn't want a whoopin, as we call it down south. Never felt like they were doing it to make themselves feel better or let off steam.

If someone had called social services and it caused me to be removed from my home, I would be devastated and angry at the person who called. So at what point do you think someone should call 911 on a parent?

I'll admit my wife and I started out hand-spanking our child because that's how we were raised. (And yeah my kid would scream about having to go outside at the hall. She also screamed when we'd take something away from her. Kids do that as toddlers.) After leaving the org and doing our own research we decided that wasn't a means of punishment we wanted to use on our daughter. So we stopped.

My point is I think some folks were actually abused by their parents and wonder if they view all spanking parents the same way. I don't think that should be the case. While I see other forms of punishment as being more effective without the risk of hurting the child's self esteem, my parents were not critical thinkers. They didn't analyze other possibilities like we do. But I never felt unloved as a child and I don't think my self-confidence was crushed from spankings. And I certainly hope my daughter doesn't grow up thinking we physically abused her when she was little.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm against child beating in ANY form. When in society is it EVER ok to hit someone?

Well...scratch that. I'd like to hit MadJW right now and give him a good beating for his comments about the WT child molestation policy over on the Lady Lee thread.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Child beating is not just tolerated by encouraged by the WTS. I pointed that out in this piece I posted here almost 10 years ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/15771/1/BEAT-that-Child

Note from the comments on that old thread, that nothing had or has changed with what the Watchtower Corporation "encourages" parents to do to their little children.

It is truly a sick, sick, sick religion, folks.

Farkel

• wasblind
    wasblind

Quilsky,

I think It's wrong to beat a child for their attention span. But I am one who don't spare the rod

a butt whoopin' for the right reason ain't gonna kill nobody. My child gew up just fine.

• Farkel
    Farkel

wasblind,

:a butt whoopin' for the right reason ain't gonna kill nobody.

Neither do cigarette burns on the palm of a hand, or even a rape for that matter. As long as they're done for the "right" reason, of course.

Farkel

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think spanking is the easy way to train a kid.

My wife used to own a daycare out of the house. And obviously you cannot lay a HAND on any kid. So she would have to come up with creative discipline. She had the most well behaved daycare kids that I've EVER seen.

Sure it's easy to whop a kid on the butt if they are acting up. But it's far more difficult to train them not to do the act again.

• watersprout
    watersprout

It's never ok to hit a child... If a child hits another child or an adult that child is told off or smacked.

The child in my cong used to have her dad threatening her by whispering in her ear for figeting during the meeting... When he was using this verbal abuse on her she would look imploring at her mom begging to sit by her... Her mom used to look away and when it got soo bad she used to hold her hand while he was whispering...When she started to cry because she was frightened he would take her out and go into the breastfeeding room and hit her...You could hear her screaming with hysteria in the KH...This abuse started when she was 6 months old! I had enough one meeting and walked over and took her out of his arms and went and sat down... They were too scared to come and get her or say anything to me as i am known for my fiery temper...I tried it again but was told they like their daughter to sit with them as they are trying to train her!

If thats normal then i am a crap parent as all my daughter is shown is Love...

Peace and light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit