Do you consider yourself to be quiet or outgoing?

by mrsjones5 63 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Dang, Terry!!!

I'd have to put that on a 3" x 5" notecard and carry it around with me, to remember all of that!!!

• elderelite
    elderelite
    Generally speaking like majority of JWborn/raised I have social issues that make me appear quiet and can be deeply reserved & an observer

.....hmmmmmmm........

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It depends on the setting, my mood and who I am with. I am ENFP.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I can develop a rapport with almost anyone of any age and personality. I do find people who are hard nuts to crack.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I used to wish I was outgoing. When I was a child my mother would tell me I had no personality because I was so quiet. I learned early on to be careful and limited in what I told my mother. There have been times where I have slipped later in life and paid dearly for what I've told my mother.

When my husband and I were dating and even a few years after we married I could not for the life of me understand how my very outgoing husband could love the quiet person that I am. I've come to understand and believe him when he says I calm him down. On the flipside, my husband lights up my life.

• Violia
    Violia

Terry, that is called fake it until you make it.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Quiet.

http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html

INTJ

Other people may have a difficult time understanding an INTJ. They may see them as aloof and reserved. Indeed, the INTJ is not overly demonstrative of their affections, and is likely to not give as much praise or positive support as others may need or desire. That doesn't mean that he or she doesn't truly have affection or regard for others, they simply do not typically feel the need to express it. Others may falsely perceive the INTJ as being rigid and set in their ways. Nothing could be further from the truth, because the INTJ is committed to always finding the objective best strategy to implement their ideas. The INTJ is usually quite open to hearing an alternative way of doing something.

• Pig
    Pig

I've always been very shy with low self esteem

gee, i wonder if that came from not being able to play with friends after school of have my own special day of the year (b day) and being told we all deserve death.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Natural Introvert... I am very reserved and can still be even around people that I have know for years.

INFJ - http://www.humanmetrics.com/vocation/JCI.asp?EI=-83&SN=-88&TF=-12&JP=56

The last time I took the full Myers-Briggs almost 12 years ago and I believe I was INTJ.

But I find extraverts facsinating; mostly because I don't understand where all the energy comes from. Things such as being the life of the party or the center of attention, I find exhausting and somewhat aggravating. I have to force myself to stay in certain social situations. But when I observe individuals that are social butterflies or can hop from one cubicle to the next, socializing with everyone, I just find it amazing.

BTW - Great advice Terry, extroversion has its perks. Part of the problem I have is actually being interested in other people. A bit self-centered, I am.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    undercover:

Depends on my mood.

I'm usually reserved, quiet...especially in situations where I don't know people. I can be outgoing at times, but by nature I'm a loner. The more I get to know people the more I open up, it's just getting to the point of actually knowing them that takes a while.

Yep. That just about describes me to a 'T'. I can be really social once I get to know people but it sure takes a while. (You all see how chatty I get here.) Depression and low self esteem have crippled me in social settings over time. I'm awkward and sort of geeky as well. *waving at Leolaia* People do seem to be charmed by my general knowlege, at least initially. I have to keep a lid on my off-the-wall sense of humour, though.

V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit