Do you consider yourself to be quiet or outgoing?

by mrsjones5 63 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

I'm very quite and unassuming

NOW LEAVE ME ALONE DAMNIT!!!!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

It depends on my mood. Usually, if I force myself to actually go out into the crowd I'm one of the loudest ones having a great time.. but I'm happiest just kicking it at home with the husband and kids.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Usually I am quiet and not quick in coming up with anything to say.

• ataloa
    ataloa

I'm not outgoing, but, one-on-one if I find some common interest, I can talk someone's head clean off, just like my daddy.

Can't stand to be in a large group.

I can happily spend more time alone than anyone I know.

• yknot
    yknot

It all depends on the company I am keeping.....

Generally speaking like majority of JWborn/raised I have social issues that make me appear quiet and can be deeply reserved & an observer but as many of you might have noticed I can 'loosen up' and be a gregarious goofball

• beksbks
    beksbks

Guess

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I would say "quiet" cuz you work in a library but I could be wrong.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Who, me????

I'm jes' a meek little mouse...

mouse warrior

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Quiet and rather introverted.

• Terry
    Terry

I've always been shy. However, I learned by observing really fun and outgoing people what the trick is to being extroverted. I studied it like an actor studies for a role. Consequently, I can be quite outgoing and gregarious although I am still a shy person.

Helpful hints:

1. Always be glad to see people when you meet them for the first time (or, really, any time afterward.

2. Speak to people as though you've already known them for years.

3. Observe something about them and state it positively. "Hey, that is a nice watch--was it a gift?" Be sincere, choose something that impresses you.

4. Briefly touch people (casually) when you talk to them. Nothing lingering, however.

5.Be quick to laugh and slow to complain.

6.When you first meet a stranger don't stand face to face like a shootout in Dodge City. Stand beside them and look to your left or right--it lessens the confrontational strangeness.

7.Avoid controversy and opinionating. Stick to upbeat and positive observations. Remember, what you talk about does not have to be earth shaking in importance; it just needs conviction and thought behind it.

8. I can't stress this one enough: be enthusiastic and use facial expressions and gestures. Be ALIVE!

9. An interested person is an interesting person. Be curious about the other....not in a prying way...but, in a genuinely interested way.

10. Respect the intelligence of a person who holds different views. You don't have to correct them or swat them down. That is for formal settings where both parties agree to discuss ideas of a controversial setting. (Like Discussion Groups.)

11. Be consciously aware of the people you enjoy being around. Study how they do what they do. Copy them until it becomes part of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit