Forgive the Watchtower!

by sabastious 63 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Sometimes, when something is up close and personal, we think that we have to avenge the wrong before we can have peace, but actually, just the opposite is true. Unless the wrong is forgiven, there can be no peace. More than forgiveness, the refusal to assign blame can be equally cathartic.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Without the wise heart of forgiveness we carry the burdens of the past our whole life.

I think this is a human truth. And a double edged sword at that.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    That would be pitiable, except for the millions of lives they are controlling and bringing to ruin in the process.

Which is why forgiving the WT does not mean you have to cease your part in the Information Revolution.

-Sab

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I have a good relationship with him now and I know it would not be possible if I didn't forgive him.

You had to know we were going to be upset by your decision to "forgive WT." It's really just the term, itself.
    You want to put anger behind you. But you don't want to have a relationship with WTS like you have with your dad, do you?

Let it go, find peace. Recognize that the members in your life are victims like you were. All fine and wonderful.

But you will find people on JWN that will argue to death that the evil empire should never be "forgiven." I mean, they never apologized or even hinted at their wrongs. Still, find your peace. I have more peace and have let much go, but I have a wife and mother still in. Many many people on JWN have family still in and have ongoing pains from WTS. Good job trying to explain, but the term "forgive" just isn't in our vocabulary for WTS. I am on an effort to forget and reduce their impact on my mind to "insignificant." In short, I am hoping to be able to say "They aren't going to rent space in my head."

• caliber
    caliber

Thanks Dan ..... so many here could benefit from this frame of mind..... Even Christ said.. "Forgive them Lord , for they no not what they do !

Ray Franz proved you can fight a fine fight and move mountains without bitterness or resentment !!!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I kind of think of it as a person that was sexually abused by a parent. Eventually they grow up and while their parent may not be sorry for anything they did, they decide to "forgive" them so tha they can move on with their life.

Sab said it initially, that he doesn't condone what they've done and what they do. But he does not want to be angry all the time. Let go of the rage. Let go of the anger. "Forgive" them in a sense that they have no hold on your emotions anymore. Yes they are wrong. But let go of the BLAME.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Eventually they grow up and while their parent may not be sorry for anything they did, they decide to "forgive" them so tha they can move on with their life.

Many a time one needs to forgive a parent after they have died.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yes they are wrong. But let go of the BLAME.

Cheers!

-Sab

• undercover
    undercover
    Forgive the Watchtower!

Why? Did they apologize? Have they changed for the better? Have they made restitution?

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

Sab,

You got it.

Your parents, like everyone's parents, were just victims of their parents, who were victims of their parents, and it just keeps going back.

I brought my child up in the truth because I did not want her to have a life like mine. Of course, she didn't live my life, so how could she know that I was giving her a better life?

What we do is try to compensate for our bad experiences in childhood by trying to "make-up" for them in our life, and the lives of our children. The problem is we tend to overcompensate and eventually become what we hate. In my case, it was my step-father. The harder I tried to NOT become him, I did become him.

Why did that happen? It's called hate and resentment. I hated him so much, I became him. Now, I am no longer him.

You are doing the right thing.

Night Owl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit