Forgive the Watchtower!

by sabastious 63 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Living a good normal life is good enough.

For me, I can't live a good and normal life until I squelch the anger... And the enemy of anger is forgiveness.

-Sab

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Forgive an entity responsible for ripping families apart, dumbing down intelligent humans, and threatening individuals with death at an imaginary Armageddon?

Forgive a group of men responsible for deaths via the blood policy? For the deaths of those who refused an organ transplant because the WT said so without any biblical argument? Who are responsible for the deaths of those who took their own lives due to a shunning policy that kicks people when they are already at their lowest point?

Forgive an organization that claims it speaks for God, but when they get it wrong they don't admit it was their mistake? Forgive an intellectually dishonest group of men that claim Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE just to prop up their 1914 doctrine when all of the evidence ever uncovered points to a different date?

No thanks.

• sabastious
    sabastious

LostGeneration,

Your post reflects the anger in my heart. If we don't let go of that anger, it will bring us down (or at least lessen our total potential).

-Sab

• caliber
    caliber
    For me, I can't live a good and normal life until I squelch the anger... And the enemy of anger is forgiveness

This is totally normal and wise on your part to do .

Never does the human soul appear so strong as when it forgoes revenge, and dares forgive an injury. ~E.H. Chapin

Forgiveness is like fear....it's not something you relish or love but you use it to your best advantage for the sake of your own peace of mind

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather feeling it, owning it and going forward anyway
  • brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm totally with you on this one, Sab. Getting over your anger is important. Plus, you will be able to do more good without that anger in your heart than with it. I still have a lot of anger for them as well. But once the anger is gone, you can help others to be objective.

I think about Ray Franz. His books were not angry. They were calm, peaceable, and told the truth in an objective way.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think about Ray Franz. His books were not angry. They were calm, peaceable, and told the truth in an objective way.

They were peaceable, that's a great point.

I'm sure he has the most reason of all of to hold a grudge but the words of his book had no such thing!

-Sab

• caliber
    caliber

You and me are totally on the same page "acceptance and release " !! Let the WT carry the burden of accountability

The following is a partial quote from the author listed below it is not word for word:
    we must face the pain and sorrow of our betrayal and disappointment, and discover the movement of heart that opens to forgive in spite of it all. Each of us will find our hearts closed or feel ourselves hostage to the past at times during our journey.
    A successful spiritual journey always requires forgiveness--for others, for ourselves, for life itself.
    Without the wise heart of forgiveness we carry the burdens of the past our whole life.
    (How the Heart Grows Wise on the Spiritual Path by Jack Cornfield)

• goman
    goman

It is very hard to forgive an unrepentant and persistent offender. I think that's Watchtower to you.

If you could forgive Watchtower, then do so with caution. Like in a MacGyver episode, there was a scorpion that a turtle accomodated to ferry across the river. The scorpion promised not to sting the turtle. Halfway across the river the scorpion stung the turtle, then both drowned. Unfortunately like the scorpion, it is Watchtower's nature to sting.

If your father was a J.W., then maybe he was misguided by Watchtower's parenting principles and doctrines.

Maybe there is forgiveness, but don't condone the scorpius nature of Watchtower.

• Ding
    Ding

I agree with Brotherdan that the "Watchtower Society" is just a corporate veneer that shields the GB behind the curtain.

If I read Ray's comments in CoC correctly, the GB members themselves have fallen for the illusion that the "faithful and discreet slave organization" is something different from and greater than themselves, that they are just its humble servants.

They really expected Armageddon to come in 1975 and were scurrying to figure out what went wrong when it didn't happen.

They really believed their Adam-Eve creation gap explanation, at least at first.

They seem to really believe that they are part of an organization that was selected by Jesus in 1914 and directed by the spirit to the present day.

As I said on one or two other threads, the GB members don't realize they are the men behind the curtain. They really think they're the Wizard of Oz.

That would be pitiable, except for the millions of lives they are controlling and bringing to ruin in the process.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That's a pretty awesome quote, Caliber!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit